Error while installing Cyanogen Mod on my Droid X

Hobbes

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been reading through these forums for the better part of an hour now trying to figure out where I have been going wrong while trying to install the most recent stable build of the Cyanogen Mod (6.1.2). I haven't been able to find a post that has the same issues that I am experiencing.

I am able to install both the ROM Manager and the Bootstrap for the X but when the ROM Manager restarts the device to install the MOD I have chosen it begins the install process and then there is an error reported. I can post the contents of the error message if necessary but it's a lengthy output, here's the last part that might contain relevant info:

E:Error in /sdcard/download/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 6:
install_zip SDCARD:/download/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip

I downloaded the .zip for the MOD right from the developers website so I don't think it's a bad file, and I have re-downloaded the .zip to make sure I didn't have a corrupted version.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other information just let me know!

Thanks again!

bustadroid

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think there's CM available for the DX.

OP
Hobbes

Hobbes

Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks for the very quick responses guys. I checked the Cyanogen mod website and I guess I fell into the trap of assuming that Cyanogen would work on any Droid operating system. Maybe I should consider myself lucky that I didn't do any real harm to my phone besides a factory reset.

While typing this response I got two more posts saying no CM for the X. =)

Thanks for the help!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Droid doesn't mean DROID X, Droid is THE original Droid. :) The "Droid" name is just a branding that Verizon puts on some of their android phones. In the future, developer stuff (ROM's, CM, etc...) will be specific to the phones. So Droid X, Droid, Droid 2, Droid Incredible, Evo, Desire HD, Nexus S, etc...

OP
Hobbes

Hobbes

Reaction score
Thanks again, I should research more thoroughly before jumping in. =)

I went with Liberty 1.5 as my first custom mod for the phone, works very well. Only issue I am having is my Gmail not syncing unless I go in manually and activate the sync. I'll poke around and see if I have a setting configured incorrectly somewhere!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Try going into settings and then accounts and then your account name and making sure sync gmail is checked. If it is try unchecking it and rechecking it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk