Root

OP
C

curryinaninstant

Reaction score
Ok. I fixed the permissions but it doesn't show up in my applications menu and when i try to run it from the systems folder, it says "this file could not be parsed."

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Ok. I fixed the permissions but it doesn't show up in my applications menu and when i try to run it from the systems folder, it says "this file could not be parsed."

You Don't Install It When You Put Them In The /system You Reboot The Phone And It Automatically Is Installed.

Last edited:
OP
C

curryinaninstant

Reaction score

You Don't Install It When You Put Them In The /system You Reboot The Phone And It Automatically Is Installed.

Okay. Both the files are in their requise places with the appropriate permissions. I rebooted the phone and its still not there :(

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Double Check Everything, If You Did Everything Correctly It's No Difference Than Flashing Them. Make Sure They're In The Right Spot And The Permissions Should All Be The Same As The Other Files.

Last edited:
OP
C

curryinaninstant

Reaction score
Double checked. The talk apk is in the "apps" folder and the lib file is in the "lib" folder. both have the permissions "rw-r-r". I've rebooted my phone and its not showing up in the applications folder.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
You've Missed Something Or Did Something Wrong. I Just Did It On My Phone And The Talk Came Up. Talk.apk Is In /system/app And The libtalk_jni.so Is In The /system/lib. Permissions rw-r--r-- Or As The Picture Dictates.

OP
C

curryinaninstant

Reaction score
Do you think its because I'm using ES instead or Root Explorer? Also, is it possible that the ROM im using is to blame? I'm using the Cortex Rom.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Do you think its because I'm using ES instead or Root Explorer? Also, is it possible that the ROM im using is to blame? I'm using the Cortex Rom.

The ROM Should Not Matter At All. It's Possible That The File Managers Are To Blame But Not Probable. Root Explorer Is Not Free, You Can Try It And If It Doesn't Work Still The Market Allows 15 Minutes On Returns.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

Here's A Video, The Best I Can Explain It.

[video=youtube;5ndkBv6c7mY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ndkBv6c7mY]‪VID_20110806_163818.m4v‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

sharpz

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got the new Droid X2 and was wondering if someone could help me root is so I can use free hotspot. Someone before had sent me a program I just loaded into the phone and ran and it did all the rooting itself. Does anyone have this for the X2?

Thanks,
Jordan