bloat freezing and OFFICIAL ROOT NEWB QUESTION THREAD

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Just thought I would start this thread as a place for all the newbie root users to post their questions about how to do things when rooted since I am sure there are a lot of others like ne who are new to this stuff and went ahead and finally jumped into the boat of rooted superusers to get the most from our phones.

My question is of course how do I go about freezing the bloat that came with the phone that I don't use but constantly see taking precious RAM from me?

I have seen lists of what is safe to freeze so I don't need a comprehensive list of safe apps to freeze. Just a how to of going about freezing them. A list here might be helpful to others though so feel free if u want to take the time ;)

Thanks for all the help veteran root users.

And FYI I AM ON THE ROOTED GINGERBREAD USING GINGERBREAK FROM P3DROID

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Just thought I would start this thread as a place for all the newbie root users to post their questions about how to do things when rooted since I am sure there are a lot of others like ne who are new to this stuff and went ahead and finally jumped into the boat of rooted superusers to get the most from our phones.

My question is of course how do I go about freezing the bloat that came with the phone that I don't use but constantly see taking precious RAM from me?

I have seen lists of what is safe to freeze so I don't need a comprehensive list of safe apps to freeze. Just a how to of going about freezing them. A list here might be helpful to others though so feel free if u want to take the time ;)

Thanks for all the help veteran root users.

And FYI I AM ON THE ROOTED GINGERBREAD USING GINGERBREAK FROM P3DROID

Already A Thread Started.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-hacks/161548-post-questions-here.html