Goint to root, have a question

spillner

Reaction score
Going to root, have a question

So I've waited a little before I decided to root. I had an OG Droid and was rooted for a while and was very comfortable with nandroid back up and was wondering if theirs anything like available for the D3. Also, their was a thread on here about what apps were safe to freeze and I can't seem to find it anymore. Any help would be great, thanks :)

Also was wondering if anyone has unrooted their phone with 1 click root before?

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The one click root is easy as, I don't know, 1 click. ;)

Look for Hashcode's Bootstrap that allows you to use BP tools to boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery (which allows for nandroids)

There are also scripts that debloat the apps, and lists if you wanna just freeze 'em.

There are also several ROMs floating around now.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Hey if I root using Pete's will it debloat my phone? And can I make a android prior to rooting so I have my Verizon stock rom still? And how do I unroot and get all the stock stuff back invade of an update or Warrenty replacement?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
Hey if I root using Pete's will it debloat my phone? And can I make a android prior to rooting so I have my Verizon stock rom still? And how do I unroot and get all the stock stuff back invade of an update or Warrenty replacement?

When you use pete's one click, it will root the phone (and it is as easy as one click) but that's all it will do. He has a second tool to debloat. He has a script that will talk you thru debloating.
And if need be, he has the same tools to undo everything done.
Also, if I am not mistaken, you cannot do a nandroid until you have root. After root you will have to install the recovery to do the nandroid. I am still using hashcodes first version for recovery and it works good. (Has saved my but a few times already.)

You can find his stuff on xda or here--> http://www.psouza4.com/droid3/

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Gblake13

Reaction score
So its a extra tool to debloat. OK thanks. Now for flashing roms like eclipse or ATRIX all I do is make a nandroid of my stock using clockwork. Than load the new one in rom manager right?

nu2droid

Reaction score
Don't know about using rom manager but the way I flash roms is going thru the recovery.
Download rom to phone
Turn off phone
Turn back on while holding the "M" button.
Use volume down to scroll to bptools. Use volume up to select.
That will bring you into recovery
Scroll to install zip from card, find file and use power button to select.

These instructions are for the droid 3. The rooting tools should still work for you. Look on his site, it says which devices it covers.
Read around for the recovery to use. I didn't see your signature in the beginning.
But the flashing process should be the same.
Sorry if this isn't 100% accurate for your device.

Last edited:

Gblake13

Reaction score
Droid X2. I'm new to this and wanna make sure i do it right and don't mess my phone up. Do the moto droids have their own recovery and place to make nandroid or do I still need to download clockwork recovery or something?

nu2droid

Reaction score
Looking at petes webpage, the rooting tool will work for your phone, but the debloating tool is for the d3.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Yeah I saw mine listed for Pete's. So what's the nest say to set up recovery?

Gblake13

Reaction score
Sorry can't type for crap apparently. Sp what do I use as recovery?