Root or Upgrade

KShizzle

Reaction score
I have a question for all you Moto Droid 1 owners:

I have had my phone for about a month and I am looking into rooting it, but am a little skeptical of bricking my phone. Just recently I saw that Motorola was coming out for a new update for the Droid 1, 2.2 called 'Froyo,' and was wondering if I should just update instead of rooting.

What should I go with? Any experience with a rooted droid you could enlighten me on? Thanks.

madformoney

Reaction score
EasyRoot is your friend. Go onto droid life they have an article about it. Do yourself a favor and just fork over the 99 cents and there won't be a need to worry about bricking your phone.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally I would root. Seems to me there are more things you cs do. For exaple, I am rooted, running the BB 0.4 at 800mhz with an upgraded baseband and a red glass theme. Plus the apps made for rooted that are useful are pretty nice.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
EasyRoot is your friend. Go onto droid life they have an article about it. Do yourself a favor and just fork over the 99 cents and there won't be a need to worry about bricking your phone.

Have you done this successfully? Does it really work?

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
Personally I would root. Seems to me there are more things you cs do. For exaple, I am rooted, running the BB 0.4 at 800mhz with an upgraded baseband and a red glass theme. Plus the apps made for rooted that are useful are pretty nice.

Do you have an article or video that you referred to when you rooted or no? I have seen thousands of videos on how to do it, but most people on like youtube comment that it doesn't really work...

Thanks.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just followed some instructions blindly. (I am a risk taker) There is however a really good walkthrough video on droidlife. Just pause it to keep up.

madformoney

Reaction score

Do you have an article or video that you referred to when you rooted or no? I have seen thousands of videos on how to do it, but most people on like youtube comment that it doesn't really work...

Thanks.

Well I personally rooted it by hand, however I've heard really good things about the app and its pretty much jailbreakme for the droids.

Here's the link

Easy Root Returns, Just Not in the Market | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
I just followed some instructions blindly. (I am a risk taker) There is however a really good walkthrough video on droidlife. Just pause it to keep up.

Cool thanks, I will look into it.