Question for updated to 2.2

Razorback

Reaction score
I've never rooted or done anything that takes skill from a technology stand point, but now seems the time to get Froyo since non-rooted droids can get it also as I've heard? This is correct?

Are there any chances of bricking a droid if your non-rooted, trying to update to 2.2? I need a step by step guide because I have little to no idea what I'm doing?

After reading about my inexperience, should I even attempt at doing this? What are the downfalls from trying to upgrade to Froyo?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless there is a compelling reason for you to upgrade immediately to Froyo, I'd recommend you be patient for awhile. There is a version of 2.2 for non-rooted users. However, the version out there is not complete, not free of bugs, and does not work with all applications currently available.

You're very unlikely to "brick" your phone, but unless you have a compelling need for 2.2 or just feel like it would be an interesting (and involving) learning experience, I suspect you'd be better off waiting.

OP
Razorback

Razorback

Reaction score
Unless there is a compelling reason for you to upgrade immediately to Froyo, I'd recommend you be patient for awhile. There is a version of 2.2 for non-rooted users. However, the version out there is not complete, not free of bugs, and does not work with all applications currently available.

You're very unlikely to "brick" your phone, but unless you have a compelling need for 2.2 or just feel like it would be an interesting (and involving) learning experience, I suspect you'd be better off waiting.
Thanks a lot for this. This is the type of advice I need!