root for lg revolution

bjjud

Reaction score
I've been trying to root my wifes Revo but Superoneclick isn't wor:biggrin:king. How did you go about doing it?
That Web site is pretty specific...be certain the LG drivers are on your PC (it sees the phone, etc) Make sure debugging is turned on...(Iforget what USB mode it says the phone ought be in) then fire up the program on the PC (mine is XP, don't think it matters tho) a DOS window opens up, and it just runs

cyborg03

Reaction score
It doesn't show up in any of my computers its sagging feather is up but I'm not seeing

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For whatever reason, mine won't root. Did everything as instructed. DOS opened up said "Click ENTER to root"...hit enter...Then said "Hit any key to finish" "phone is rooted enjoy!" hit any key...no root. What am I doing wrong lol. Put on Open Garden and it says phone isn't rooted can't run Open Garden.

bjjud

Reaction score
For whatever reason, mine won't root. Did everything as instructed. DOS opened up said "Click ENTER to root"...hit enter...Then said "Hit any key to finish" "phone is rooted enjoy!" hit any key...no root. What am I doing wrong lol. Put on Open Garden and it says phone isn't rooted can't run Open Garden.
Hmmm...what's your usb mode set to? I'm thinking it needed to be 'internet sharing' (or whatever the bottom choice was)

Reaction score
Hmmm...what's your usb mode set to? I'm thinking it needed to be 'internet sharing' (or whatever the bottom choice was)

Yeah it was on that. I followed the instructions verbatum. Not sure what the issue is. I gave up.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

bjjud

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think this one would have worked out better (does clockwork mod, as well as
UN-root/ return to stock)...anyhow, you might try this one (btw, not every USB cable has the ability to connect your phone to the PC, even tho it plugs in)
[One Click]Updated!!! LG Revo All in One Pkg for Root, CWM 5.0.2.7, and Unroot - xda-developers

Okay, so not even the ones that come with the phones? I'm not saying just any USB cable...also how would I know if it is acknowledging my cable to connect to the internet? I ask because when I plug it in, it opens up for my folders and I can add pics, music, etc and my pc sees it in the "My Computer" folder as an external drive.

bjjud

Reaction score
Ahh, if it does all that, cable is fine. Some that I've seen seem to be missing a few pinouts, and do naught but charge

Reaction score
Ahh, if it does all that, cable is fine. Some that I've seen seem to be missing a few pinouts, and do naught but charge

The root worked finally. Did it in 5 mins even. Also do I have to use an app such as Open Garden to tether or may I use my phone as I did with my Moto Droid 1?

bjjud

Reaction score
wifey uses the Open Garden on hers, works great (added bonus is it displays upload/download rates) Didn't work until she rebooted the phone, though

bjjud

Reaction score
oh okay...but is it necessary other than upload/download rates showing?
Didn't get your meaning st first...yeah, you have to use Open Garden, (or one of the similar apps, they're in the market, I think) It turns on your phones wifi-hotspot without Verizon getting a pesky message to charge you tons more money for the same amount of data

Reaction score
Didn't get your meaning st first...yeah, you have to use Open Garden, (or one of the similar apps, they're in the market, I think) It turns on your phones wifi-hotspot without Verizon getting a pesky message to charge you tons more money for the same amount of data

Lol...okay. thanks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums