LG Revolution getting 2.3 Gingerbread tonight 10/28/11 at 9pm ET per LG themselves

drt054

Reaction score
HEY!!! keep an eye out on XDA.. MTMichaelson will be working on a ROM once he gets the update, said should install CWM, GB, and ROOT. So if you are already rooted and don't want to ruin that with the OTA update.. just keep an eye out here..

LG Revolution - xda-developers

zacedward

Reaction score
got my update but now my bottom lights don't work anybody else havn this problem

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Everything is working fine on my phone, I wish they would have left in the power down sequence when the screen goes off, it's so simple yet they took it out. Irritating.

djembeman

Reaction score
The update broke my phone and or SIM card. Was stuck in a boot-loop, battery pull, factory reset, now phone acts like there is not a SIM in it. I don't think the SIM was working before the factory reset either. Phone still in a boot loop when trying to activate.

sonex51

Reaction score
got my update but now my bottom lights don't work anybody else havn this problem

I just installed this update mins ago.

And actually now my bottom button lights won't turn off!
This is actually kinda annoying. (rebooting as I type this )

The phone itself seems to operate a bit smoother, especially the unlock screen.

Ok the phone just booted, and now the lights don't turn on at all...
nice LG ... nice...

*EDIT* they turn on when unlocked now, but after about a 1-2 second delay.
Whatever, I just hope that sending texts is easier now and they don't just not send.
We'll see ...

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
The only issue I'm having is the back button often closes out of the browser instead of going back a page. Kind of annoying but no big deal.

savageseas

Reaction score
Woke up to my screen glowing at 4 am, authorized the update, woke again at 7 to a black screen and lit softkeys. Rebooted, lights on softkeys wouldn't turn off. Pulled battery, now they won't turn ON?! UGH!!!!

Reaction score
Mine updated this morning. What's this Gingerbread all about? a new keyboard or something? I still have my 2 usall ones Swype (which i love) & LG Keyboard. And my does say 2.3.4

brbal

Reaction score
Yep my lights quit working my data stopped butter a few restarts they servitude working again for me

savageseas

Reaction score
So i let the phone sit and think about what its done and now it seems to be working fine. I can't tell what else the update did except some cosmetic things. The wifi, 3g/4g and satellite icons in the status bar are white now instead of blue. Touching a text field now gives me a placer cursor. The verizon mobile icon now shows my data usage on it. Not sure what else?

Kubs

Reaction score
I got my update this morning as well. So far all of my keys light up and work. I just hope the random reboots stop after this update! I do think the 3G/4G looked better in blue though.