Root Explorer Problem?

Boardwalk30

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a problem. After rooting my Droid, i bought Root Explorer. It is AMAZING. I thought Astro was where its at, but i was wrong. Not saying that astro is bad, but i have heard people complain about it interfering with GPS, (and i'm having GPS troubles ATM) and so i want to uninstall it. Theres only 1 issue. Root Explorer (as far as i know) can only open up files as readable text or writable text... I.E. it cant open up powerpoints and other docs that aren't word based by nature. Astro does so by letting me choose Quick Docs to open it, is there any way i could get Root Explorer to open up files by allowing me to choose the program to do so? Any help would be appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.

OP
B

Boardwalk30

Reaction score
If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.

No no no... Astro causes GPS to malfunction and not accurately locate... just look at most of the GPS problem posts and you will see the "Astro update" problem... So i want to have the functionality of both Astro and Root Explorer just from Root Explorer... Im guessing there is a way i just simply dont know what that is...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No no no... Astro causes GPS to malfunction and not accurately locate... just look at most of the GPS problem posts and you will see the "Astro update" problem... So i want to have the functionality of both Astro and Root Explorer just from Root Explorer... Im guessing there is a way i just simply dont know what that is...

Sorry if I misunderstood. Are you saying the problem is Astro and you want to delete it? And are we talking about the file manager program Astro?

DocToGo will open the kinds of files you named.

OP
B

Boardwalk30

Reaction score

Sorry if I misunderstood. Are you saying the problem is Astro and you want to delete it? And are we talking about the file manager program Astro?

DocToGo will open the kinds of files you named.

Yeah, the file manager. And yes, i have heard people have problems with it, i just got my GPS up and running but people said that Astro can stop it from working. Thanks for the Docs to Go idea, but i have to buy apps through a different credit card, and i dont think i can. Besides, i don't actually need another file handling app. I just want Root Explorer to give me the popup saying "Open this with..." and give me a list of programs that i already have, allowing me to choose which one i want to use.

Like when you try to use internet, but have both stock and Dolphin, and you have no preference set, it will ask you which you'd like to use. I get that functionality from Astro, but want it from Root Explorer.