Documents to Go problems...

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
So I paid $14.99 for Documents to Go by DataViz, from the app store.

It works great with PDF's but it won't open any of my Excel sheets, PowerPoints, or Word docs.

Motorola Droid with 2.1 not rooted yet, I just got it.

frayed

Reaction score
Are you trying to open them from the SD card or the document program

cyber3d

Reaction score
What version Excel files are you trying to open? I'm using Excel 2007 files and not having any trouble.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I paid $14.99 for Documents to Go by DataViz, from the app store.

It works great with PDF's but it won't open any of my Excel sheets, PowerPoints, or Word docs.

Motorola Droid with 2.1 not rooted yet, I just got it.

If you haven't already done so, get in touch with customer support at DataViz. They're a responsive vendor and are likely to provide the best help for your problem.

OP
fenriswolf039

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
My msoffice version is 2003. I also use openoffice. Trying to open the files from email and from the SD card... no luck. I'll email dataviz I guess

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
My msoffice version is 2003. I also use openoffice. Trying to open the files from email and from the SD card... no luck. I'll email dataviz I guess

I've encountered some problems with spreadsheets that "look like" standard excel files to Excel but were created using a third party app (like Open Office.) I can open them using Excel on my computer but the Excel implementation/simulation on Docs2Go won't open them.

Since the files were emailed to me (not created by me) I emailed them to myself, opened them using Excel, saved them as Excel files, and emailed them to myself once again. At that point Documents To Go had no problem with them.

From this experience I concluded that some third party apps that claim to create lookalike Microsoft files (e.g. xls, xlsx, doc, docx, etc.) may pass the threshold test by true Microsoft applications but don't pass the same test with Documents to Go.