Root Explorer v. Astro

timrock

Reaction score
im using a rooted droid x. Running the stock rom. I notice that when i move pics from one folder to another using Root Explorer, and then go to gallery, the gallery will show the pics as not being moved. If i try to click on the pic, i see the thumbnail, but the pic doesnt open up. Now, if i restart my phone, and go to gallery, the pic has now been moved and there is no thumbnail.

Astro: when i did the same exact thing using astro, the pic showed up in its new folder right away, and i was able to click on it. without having to reboot the phone.

has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Nope, which is wierd, RE should work better than Astro because RE has write permission and Astro is a read-only. I do know how to use Astro better though.

Androzip has the same issue as RE but I still use both. Have been thinking of ditching Androzip for Astro though.

I no longer use astro because root explorer does what it does and more. I don't recall ever having that problem though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EStrongs File Explorer is an alternative to Astro and it has write access!

I deleted and reinstalled RE and still have the same problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I just wanted to test it and I guess I do have that problem, it's moved in RE but in the gallery it's still in that folder.

I just wanted to test it and I guess I do have that problem, it's moved in RE but in the gallery it's still in that folder.

glad to see im not the only one experiencing this. im trying to find a way to contact the developer, but cant find any contact information.

Last edited:
Clear the gallery cache -- I'm fairly certain that will take care of it. I think this is a Gallery problem rather than a RE problem.

If its a gallery problem, why would one file explorer work and the other not. I also use cache cleaner. How do you clean the gallery cache?
Clear the gallery cache -- I'm fairly certain that will take care of it. I think this is a Gallery problem rather than a RE problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back