Root and Thunderbolt restarts

Darksthour

Reaction score
So I own a Droid 3 and have been getting a few reboots. Now I know root is not available for the D3 yet but I know it is for the TB and these phones had a track record of random restarts. I was just wondering did root and removal of bloatware help with reboots for those of you who had the problem? Or is this a software problem only fixable through an update to the system?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I own a Droid 3 and have been getting a few reboots. Now I know root is not available for the D3 yet but I know it is for the TB and these phones had a track record of random restarts. I was just wondering did root and removal of bloatware help with reboots for those of you who had the problem? Or is this a software problem only fixable through an update to the system?

The reboot problem is a thing of the past, mostly due to the release of updated radios. If you were to get a Thunderbolt today and root you would not experience reboots. Hell even stock (my wife) they don't exist.

MrKleen

Reaction score
For the heck of it have you done a factory data reset?

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
No I'm mostly just curious. The restarts aren't bad its only happened twice now. Just wanted to see what happens. I've really only had a rooted phone so this whole stock thing is kind of new to me.