Roms and Emulators -Step by Step help

LittleDTO

Reaction score
Can anyone give me step by step help on how to download roms, where to download them, how to get them on my phone and how to use Emulators. This was one of the main reasons I got the Droid over the Iphone but I have never figured it out.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lars1

Reaction score
For roms, Google is your friend.

Mount your SD card and place roms in folders. Mine are called GBA, NES, Arcade etc.

Install apps. (I recommend anything by Yongzh)

Have fun

solar

Reaction score
You can just do everything straight from your droid, no mounting needed.

Thats true. But for less tech saavy people or people brand new to android, doing it "the long way" might be easier to comprehend.:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:

Diordna

Reaction score

Thats true. But for less tech saavy people or people brand new to android, doing it "the long way" might be easier to comprehend.:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:
But all you do is install emulator from market, go to a rom website and download a rom that fits the emulator you got, find it in astro, do your thing and it's done. Takes a minute lol

Well thats the easy way for me, I never actually tried the mounting way, well I never really mounted my phone to much in general though so I can't say to much about it. I used it for getting a lot of itune songs but thats about it.
It can pretty much do what a flashdrive does correct? Or am I wrong on any part?

Big Lou

Reaction score
"Do your thing" isn't very good advice for someone wanting a step-by-step.

solar

Reaction score

But all you do is install emulator from market, go to a rom website and download a rom that fits the emulator you got, find it in astro, do your thing and it's done. Takes a minute lol

Well thats the easy way for me, I never actually tried the mounting way, well I never really mounted my phone to much in general though so I can't say to much about it. I used it for getting a lot of itune songs but thats about it.
It can pretty much do what a flashdrive does correct? Or am I wrong on any part?

Yeah, thats it exactly. It is actually dismounting the SD card in your Phone and mounting in your computer OS like you just plugged it into a card reader and physically plugged it in. Thats why if you mount your phone and try to acess your pictures, it will give you an error message.

I use the mounting for music and large files mostly. I used it at first for emulators because I already had a collection of them, but now, I too typically just go to the web with dolphin and use astro to place them in my rom folder. It is easier.Sometimes I find the long way easier to understand at first, then I learn shortcuts, or easier ways. (like in math class, lol) Actually, I still suck in math.:tongue:

chipgilkey

Reaction score
Ok guys i need your help. i purchased the snesoid app and now want to get some roms. I found a workin FF3 rom (downloaded it and used it on my laptop). I tried to download it on my phone and access it through astro however it doesnt recognize the type of file it is. so i looked for download crutch in the market but its no longer there can anyone help? and if you say to put it from my laptop to my sd card how do i do that. i dont think my phone is rooted (got it from wirefly.com) and i run windows xp on my laptop again i appreciate any and all help

solar

Reaction score
Ok guys i need your help. i purchased the snesoid app and now want to get some roms. I found a workin FF3 rom (downloaded it and used it on my laptop). I tried to download it on my phone and access it through astro however it doesnt recognize the type of file it is. so i looked for download crutch in the market but its no longer there can anyone help? and if you say to put it from my laptop to my sd card how do i do that. i dont think my phone is rooted (got it from wirefly.com) and i run windows xp on my laptop again i appreciate any and all help

what is the file extention of the file you downloaded? Make sure astro is not set to hide extensions. (menu hard button-->more--->preferences--->look and feel---hide file extensions UNCHECK). The file should be in the download folder on the root of the SD on just in the root of the SD folder itself.

Last edited:

chipgilkey

Reaction score

what is the file extention of the file you downloaded? Make sure astro is not set to hide extensions. (menu hard button-->more--->preferences--->look and feel---hide file extensions UNCHECK). The file should be in the download folder on the root of the SD on just in the root of the SD folder itself.

Ok I unchecked hide file extensions and went into astro hit home then the downloads folder and it showed it as "download.php".

solar

Reaction score

Ok I unchecked hide file extensions and went into astro hit home then the downloads folder and it showed it as "download.php".

OK, thats that I thought may be the problem. That file is not the file you were trying to download. Thats basicaly a nothing file.thats why Snesoid won't recognize it. what browser are you using to download? Make sure you browse all the way to the file download link. It sounds like you tried to download from one link too far up. The file will likely be a .zip file.