Roms and Emulators -Step by Step help

chipgilkey

Reaction score
what is the file extention of the file you downloaded? Make sure astro is not set to hide extensions. (menu hard button-->more--->preferences--->look and feel---hide file extensions UNCHECK). The file should be in the download folder on the root of the SD on just in the root of the SD folder itself.

Ok I unchecked hide file extensions and went into astro hit home then the downloads folder and it showed it as "download.php".

OK, thats that I thought may be the problem. That file is not the file you were trying to download. Thats basicaly a nothing file.thats why Snesoid won't recognize it. what browser are you using to download? Make sure you browse all the way to the file download link. It sounds like you tried to download from one link too far up. The file will likely be a .zip file.

Ok so first of all I'm using the default stock browser that comes with the droid. I went to three different websites and downloaded a rom from them on my laptop, the file type that the site said they were was .zip and they all played on my laptop, I went to all three of those sites on my phone via default browser and downloaded them I clicked the same exact download link I did on my laptop and none will work and astro says they're all .php files I don't understand.

solar

Reaction score
Ok I unchecked hide file extensions and went into astro hit home then the downloads folder and it showed it as "download.php".

OK, thats that I thought may be the problem. That file is not the file you were trying to download. Thats basicaly a nothing file.thats why Snesoid won't recognize it. what browser are you using to download? Make sure you browse all the way to the file download link. It sounds like you tried to download from one link too far up. The file will likely be a .zip file.

Ok so first of all I'm using the default stock browser that comes with the droid. I went to three different websites and downloaded a rom from them on my laptop, the file type that the site said they were was .zip and they all played on my laptop, I went to all three of those sites on my phone via default browser and downloaded them I clicked the same exact download link I did on my laptop and none will work and astro says they're all .php files I don't understand.

When you are clicking the link are you doing "long press" and choosing save link or are you just taping the link and its auto starting the download? because what it sounds like is that you are doing the "long press" and choosing save link, but are doing so on the link that points to the download page rather then the actual link to the file. depending on the site, you may want to turn off "block popups" on the browser settings and see if you are just missing the download popup.

Alternatively, since you alread have them on your computer, you can just use your USB cable to connect your phone to you laptop and copy them over that that way.

chipgilkey

Reaction score

When you are clicking the link are you doing "long press" and choosing save link or are you just taping the link and its auto starting the download? because what it sounds like is that you are doing the "long press" and choosing save link, but are doing so on the link that points to the download page rather then the actual link to the file. depending on the site, you may want to turn off "block popups" on the browser settings and see if you are just missing the download popup.

Alternatively, since you alread have them on your computer, you can just use your USB cable to connect your phone to you laptop and copy them over that that way.

No I'm not hard pressing or anything like that just clicking the download link and it starts downloading just like on my laptop and I would like to just plug my phone in to my computer and transfer it that way but how? I plugged my phone into my computer but couldn't figure out how to access it from my computer and couldn't figure out how to move the file to it

solar

Reaction score

No I'm not hard pressing or anything like that just clicking the download link and it starts downloading just like on my laptop and I would like to just plug my phone in to my computer and transfer it that way but how? I plugged my phone into my computer but couldn't figure out how to access it from my computer and couldn't figure out how to move the file to it

OK, if you plug it in with the USB cable, then look at your droid and pull down the info bar at the top, you will see USB CONNECTED show up. Click that and you will see a message pop up. Choose MOUNT. it will then show up as a removeable drive like any other flash drive under your MY COMPUTER area (or just COMPUTER for vista and win 7). You can then just open it up and copy over your files. I like to create a folder called ROMS to store all my roms in. When done, just eject it from the PC like you normally would, go back to the droid, pull down the info bar again, click on TURN OFF USB STORAGE, click TURN OFF when the pop up appears, then go back to Snesoid and brows to the folder you placed the roms in.