RomManager 2 issues

Cool Cake

Reaction score
I have 2 issues with Rom Manager.
1. when I try do download a Rom from the preselected options in RM i get a corrupt Zip error. Why? Cant RM recognize it's own recommended file.

2. When trying to download a rom or theme that is installed on my SD card, I get a message that says remove the spaces from the file or run it in Clockwork recovery. Before I do the latter, i would like to know whats up with RM inconsistent behavior.

3rd (I know...bonus). Some of the devs on the CM download list are not working ie..Chevy and a couple of others.

Any ideas to help clear this up.

Oh and Yes. I am new to rooting. In case you were wondering.

Thanks,
Kevin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since this is Kouch's baby, let's see if you can get some support here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
RM is tricky. There's a reason most members of the Rescue Squad recommend doing things manually. :)

First tip -- Slways clear your download cache before downloading a ROM or Kernel or anything. Also, it's recommended that unless it's giving you problems that day, always try to download from WiFi instead of 3G.

Second tip -- Going for the bonus points here. :) What are you looking for from Chevy? Kernels? Index of /froyo/kernels2 Simply Stunning 4.9? Index of /froyo/4.9

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
issue #1 is more then likely an actual d/l error. clear d/l cache as stated then redownload file.

2 are you actually meaning install file from sd card? to do that the file needs to be in correct format. if file is update.zip format in RM you need to flash alternate recovery to use sprecovery.

captdroid

Reaction score
I stopped using ROM manager for download/install of a ROM. I use clockworkmod recovery to backup/restore/install and a few other menu options which works very well.

OP
Cool Cake

Cool Cake

Reaction score
Really good advice. I find that I am getting more comfortable working within clockworkmod recovery.

How do you clear download cache in RM?

OP
Cool Cake

Cool Cake

Reaction score
never mind. I found it in the menue.
Thanks,