[ROM][WIP]MIUI for Droid 4

GigaJake

Reaction score
THE WAIT IS OVER!
... almost ...

May I present to you a nearly complete port of MIUI v4 to your Droid 4. Take a look below!

View attachment 55607View attachment 55608View attachment 55609View attachment 55610

This is my first time trying to support a rom so the enthusiasm is there, but perhaps not the skill. That's where you come in! There's no good reason the Droid 4 shouldn't have a working MIUI port, the Droid 1, 2, and 3 all have them, so why not us? If you find a solution to a problem then please let me know and I'll update it as quick as I can! So now let's get into the details:

WHAT'S WORKING:
  • Phone
  • Data (3G) - RANDOMLY
  • Camera

WHAT'S NOT WORKING:
  • Wifi - TURNING ON WIFI WILL CAUSE YOUR DEVICE TO HOTBOOT!
  • 4G
  • "No Service" carrier - YOU STILL HAVE SERVICE

MY THOUGHTS:
I intend for this rom to be built by the community, for the community. It's my hope that by describing my knowledge of where the issues stand others will be better prepared to search for solutions or to point out the errors in my thinking.

Data is spotty right now, I'm unable to pin down exactly why. If you're not getting data try going into Phone Info (*#*#4636*#*#) and toggling the radio between CDMA only and GSM only. Then try toggling the radio on and off. I'm monitoring the CDMA Razr version of this as well and they're in the same position. I'll make this top priority.

Wifi is next on the list. This proves to be difficult though. The MIUI files are based off the official release for the GSM Razr, and I'm not sure if the CDMA Razr has wifi working. There are other unofficial devices encountering the same problem. I'll keep my eyes open for a solution but feel free to take a look yourself.

Going into Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and you can clearly see the choice for LTE/CDMA. Going into the Phone Testing screen (*#*#4636#*#*) shows that this equates to GSM/CDMA (auto). There aren't any options for LTE. Not sure what the solution is.

The "No Service" text in the top is due to the Razr's eri.xml in /system/framework/framework-res.apk
I tried changing it to a stock and it didn't take effect. Also in About System the phone is listed as running off of Sprint, which clearly isn't the case. Apktool seems to have issues and I'm not a complete linux expert so I don't know how to fix it, this being said no compiling apks for me.

THINGS TO NOTE:
  • This is an ICS rom, do not install if you're still running a GB kernel!
  • I changed the CAPS key to a Shift key (who uses caps, seriously?) - WIP
  • This is MIUI 2.8.31
Feel free to tinker with this rom to your hearts content, and please let me know if you find a solution to any of the issues! I'll work hard to keep on top of things to make sure this becomes a "daily-driver."

DOWNLOAD:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzYAKrurx84jbHVseS1UODllUTg

CHANGELOG:

v 1.0
-------
Initial Release

v 1.0a
-------
Downgraded to MIUI 2.7.27 (2.8.31 causes problems on multiple devices)
Data is now hit or miss

SPECIAL THANKS:
  • MyFishBear - The base ICS rom is Eclipse 1.2.5b
  • Carboi84 - Posted a MIUI port with a working Phone

Last edited:

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good job, don't give up either don't ever think about it

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Carboi81

Reaction score
When I get home to my desktop Friday night, I will look at and give you the full details on how I was able to get the phone working....it wasn't easy as you know....I just cannot remember everything right now off the top of my head.

fish108

Reaction score
No data

Hey everything installed just fine--and the ROM is stunningly gorgeous, but I cannot get data to work whatsoever. No 3g or anything. The icon is live up top, but I'm getting nothing even after a reboot and network switch/switch back

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll look into that. MIUI releases new builds every friday, so I'll have an update at least once a week. I also had to rely on Carboi84's build to get service, so hopefully I'll get a little insight on how he accomplished that sometime soon, putting me in a better spot to tweak that.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

fish108

Reaction score
Ok I will definitely keep a lookout on this one. I ran MIUI on my OG Droid, Droid 2 Global, and Droid 3 and it's definitely my favorite.

fish108

Reaction score
Ok I went into the Phone Info screen and changed it to CDMA Only then switched the radio off and back on and now I have data...

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Yay! I figured out the phone issue! I had to set the Default Network in the build.prop to 4. I feel incredibly stupid, I've looked that over a hundred times, how did I miss that?
Now I can start building roms from different sources!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Yay! I figured out the phone issue! I had to set the Default Network in the build.prop to 4. I feel incredibly stupid, I've looked that over a hundred times, how did I miss that?
Now I can start building roms from different sources!
so what does that mean for us? dont worry about the weekly updates, just focus on one stable build then worry about the updates

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
so what does that mean for us? dont worry about the weekly updates, just focus on one stable build then worry about the updates

I can use different bases and possibly get different results. Right now I'm stuck on the "No Service" bug. Apktool isn't running well on my computer so I can't compile apks and try to fix the eri.xml. Also I think theres another xml file in MiuiSystemUI that might have to deal with this. The biggest problem is the official MIUI files are for a GSM Razr so they're not set up for a CDMA phone. I'm still learning as I go along here... I may just make another build to see what results I get, or I may try porting a different CDMA device over, but that's a long shot.