Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Verizon 2.4.5 ROM

Thanks to PiranhaDroid & RedFlea for helping me obtain system dump!​

DO NOT USE THIS ROM ON R2-D2 Droid2!!!

Check Post #3 for Swype fix.

Clean ROM users check post #3 for status widget fix.
(Clean ROM now has widget fix built in)​

I have gone to a new way of making ROMs which will allow users to add what they like through update zip files. So you will start off with a clean ROM. Your start off ROMs will be the following:

All are based on 2.4.5 VZW Software
Super Clean with default google apps
Super Clean with default google apps but with Bluremail. Bluremail is a nice exchange or email client for those that dont use Gmail.
They will come with the Black Bar Theme or Default Droid2 theme. Also there is a black bar theme with default vanilla android icons.

From there you will have pre-made packages to install.

Example, you want widgets...so you download the widget.zip file and update it through recovery. You want Droid2 Gallery, you download Droid2 Gallery and update through recovery, you want complete blur with all social apps...well you get the idea. Plus many more options and setups. You can also install whatever you want manually, I will have instructions on how to do that. It will be a good way to learn the basics of Android too.

I am finishing up testing the base ROMs and packages so I should have them up later on tonight or tomorrow at some point.

I will no longer be answering questions about the current ROMs. I am taking the time to rebuild everything. It was all done from the ground up and I must say the new ROMs feel smoother and seem a lot more stable.

They will be posted in my new ROM thread found HERE.

Thanks for all the support!

Pre-Installation Tasks:
Before you install this ROM or any ROM you will need to have root and have Bootstrap on your phone. You can find out how to do all that HERE.​

BACKUP your phone using Bootstrap before installing any ROMs so you can go back to your current setup if anything fails.​

ROM Notes:
All ROMs have Gmail, Kindle, Skype, My Verizon and Google Maps removed. There are new versions in Android Market for you to download and install.​

All ROMs have root already and you just need to download Superuser from Android Market to obatin root.​

All ROMs have been deodexed and zip alligned.​

All ROMs have busybox installed.​

There are a few versions of this 2.4.5 ROM decide which is best for you and follow ALL instructions.​

Stars Wars Full ROM - Contains all the original ROM (Even Bloatware) files besides the apps listed above.​

VZW 2.4.5 Full ROM - Contains all original ROM (Even Bloatware) files besides the apps listed above. All Star Wars items have been replaced with Droid2 items. So we have the latest 2.4.5 ROM without Star Wars if that is what you are looking for. All Star Wars material that was removed will placed on SD Card in a folder named Removed_Packages in case you would like to reinstall some missing apps.​

VZW 2.4.5 Clean ROM - All 3rd party apps and bloatware have been removed. Basically a clean stock ROM with Blur. All apps that are removed will be placed on your SD Card in a folder named Removed_Packages in case you would like to reinstall some missing apps.​

VZW 2.4.5 Super Clean ROM - This is a ROM with all Blur, bloatware and 3rd party apps removed. You are left with the Vanilla Android SMS-MMS, Calander, Clock, Email and Gallery applications.​

Install Instructions - All ROMs!
  1. Download and place ROM on SD Card​
  2. Reboot into Recovery​
  3. Create Backup​
  4. Mount System​
  5. Wipe Cache -You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  6. Wipe Data - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  7. Mount System and Data - Yes double check that both are MOUNT​
  8. Install Zip From SD Card​
  9. Choose Zip From SD Card​
  10. Select your ROM​
  11. Yes - Install​
  12. Wipe Cache Again - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  13. Wipe Data Again - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems​
  14. Perform a Factory Reset through Android - Clears facebook issue and Battery manager!​
  15. Reboot​
  16. Enjoy!​
You *MAY* choose not to wipe system or data but you may have problems. If you do not wipe, do not perform a facotry reset and have problems please make sure you reinstall ROMs with doing a wipe and reset before you post any questions about problems or you will be charged $9.99 for each question ;)

Download links are in next post.

--------
If you would like to make a donation please private message me for information. Would help in obtaining a new device for development so I do not have to keep wiping phone as I continue to improve ROMs and work on my AOSP build.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Download Links

Download Links:

VZW 2.4.5 - Star Wars Full ROM.
VZW 2.4.5 - Full ROM - Star Wars Extras Removed.
VZW 2.4.5 - Clean ROM - All Star Wars, Widgets & Bloatware Removed.
VZW 2.4.5 - Super Clean ROM - As close to AOSP as we can get now.

--------

If you would like to make a donation please private message me for information. Would help in obtaining a new device for development so I do not have to keep wiping phone as I continue to improve ROMs and work on my AOSP build.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Themes, HotFixes, Tips & Tricks

Black Bar Themes will be coming soon. You may setup your ROM now and the themes will just install over current setup. No need to wipe when installing theme once your ROM is updated to 2.4.5.

HotFix:
Swype Fix - All ROMs.

Full ROM Only - Statuswidget fix. Will place Statuswidget.apk back into system/app.

CP30 Removal - Full and Clean ROMs Only. Super Clean and Star Wars does not need this fix.

CP30 - Removal Super Clean ONLY!. Star Wars does not need this fix.

Themes:
Super Clean ROM Only
Black (HTC) Status Bar with Vanilla Android Icons

LauncherPro
D2 Themed LauncherPro .8.1.0
Default LauncherPro .8.1.0

Issues
Battery Manager - This is fixed after a factory reset is preformed.
Facebook Blur and contacts - This is fixed after a factory reset is preformed.

--------

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Notes

Do not ask where download links are. They are coming!

Please do not clog thread with useless post.

ROMs will be done when they are done. I am going for some time tonight on EST.

I will tweet when ROMs are done or you can keep checking this thread :)

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ROMs are now posted. If the link to the ROM is not posted yet then give it a few minutes. Uploading the rest now.

Enjoy...

PiranhaDroid

Reaction score
That was fast! Are these for droid 2 only or can I install on my x?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That was fast! Are these for droid 2 only or can I install on my x?

Just for Droid2 for now. Which version do you want on your X? If you are willing to test maybe I can convert for X. Point me to the latest X ROM also please :)

oshigeru

Reaction score
Getting force-closes on swype. Other than that, nothing bad so far.

oshigeru

Reaction score
Lazy, don't care enough. Mostly use the hard keyboard anyway. Great work! Customizing as we speak. :)