Not open for further replies.
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what I missed last time through, but after using rsdlite to get me back to stock and re-rooting, I then followed your instructions again and everything seems to be working ok so far. I am now running the lite/blurless version.

Took awhile but I got there!

The first time I loaded up the r2d2 ROM I forgot to mount the system after I wiped and it screwed up so I had to sbf too :)

That may have been what I had done. I think after mounting system and "rm" the 2 directories I may have unmounted before running the update. All is well now but 3 things, one of which you already had a fix for.

1. I did have to do the market fix to be able to download Google Voice. Turns out I had 3 voice mails waiting since the phone had been down for so long.

2. Swipe is not an option under "Language & Keyboard". I was going to restore it via Titanium Backup but for some reason it was not backed up. While looking for it in Titanium Backup I noticed that it showed as installed on the system and when I selected it my only options were to freeze it uninstall it or backup. Any Ideas on this? This for me is a deal breaker. I will be forced flash back to stock, Root and restore my nandroid backup.

3. Not as big a deal but would be nice if the car dock still functioned normally. On my phone it's a little smaller than it used to be and also I no longer have an option to add a custom shortcut to the main screen of the car dock app. Maybe this is caused be the removal of the other Blur stuff. I don't know.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Especially the Swype Issue.

Thanks for your hard work!

I was able to download google voice without fix. Market may seem kind of funny until it catches up with new devices.

For swype, just get the swype.apk from the full version and copy it over to your system/app folder on phone. Set proper premissions, reboot and it should be there now. It is left out of the clean rom.

You can switch docks too if you like.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
so some times not always when i click the battery to show whats using the most battery it force closes

Yeah...small bug and I think it is just the ROM. If you plug it in and check it will not force close and if you unplug and check it again will not force close either...strange.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
The first time I loaded up the r2d2 ROM I forgot to mount the system after I wiped and it screwed up so I had to sbf too :)

That may have been what I had done. I think after mounting system and "rm" the 2 directories I may have unmounted before running the update. All is well now but 3 things, one of which you already had a fix for.

1. I did have to do the market fix to be able to download Google Voice. Turns out I had 3 voice mails waiting since the phone had been down for so long.

2. Swipe is not an option under "Language & Keyboard". I was going to restore it via Titanium Backup but for some reason it was not backed up. While looking for it in Titanium Backup I noticed that it showed as installed on the system and when I selected it my only options were to freeze it uninstall it or backup. Any Ideas on this? This for me is a deal breaker. I will be forced flash back to stock, Root and restore my nandroid backup.

3. Not as big a deal but would be nice if the car dock still functioned normally. On my phone it's a little smaller than it used to be and also I no longer have an option to add a custom shortcut to the main screen of the car dock app. Maybe this is caused be the removal of the other Blur stuff. I don't know.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Especially the Swype Issue.

Thanks for your hard work!

I was able to download google voice without fix. Market may seem kind of funny until it catches up with new devices.

For swype, just get the swype.apk from the full version and copy it over to your system/app folder on phone. Set proper premissions, reboot and it should be there now. It is left out of the clean rom.

You can switch docks too if you like.

Got Swype working again. I can't get the car dock to work. I need a little help on the proper permissions, i'm guessing. I copied it to the system/app folder using root explorer, rebooted but now car home doesnt show up at all in the apps list. Sorry I'm still learning. I have come a long way, but have a long way to go.

Thanks again

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If root explorer, go to the /System/app directory and copy the permissions of any other APK there...long-press and select "Permissions" and then apply the same to the APK you copied there.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
If root explorer, go to the /System/app directory and copy the permissions of any other APK there...long-press and select "Permissions" and then apply the same to the APK you copied there.

Still no luck the permissions were already set correctly. I'll just copy the originals back over and put up with it for now.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Still no luck the permissions were already set correctly. I'll just copy the originals back over and put up with it for now.

I will check to see if another file is needed.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Clean ROM zip file

I just placed the clean ROM in update.zip format. You still need to load full ROM first and then apply the clean ROM zip file after your phone has booted once with full ROM. There is a file missing where you can not install the clean ROM from scratch. I am looking into it to make it easier for everyone but if you need a clean ROM this is the best I can do now :)

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Does it show up in the app draw? It should be the only file you need. Do this:
Connect phone to PC using PC Mode
open command prompt

adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 644 /system/app/*.*"

Or if that does not work

adb shell
su
/system/bin/chmod 644 /system/app/*.*

reboot and see if it works.

nuclearbier

Reaction score

open command prompt

Or if that does not work

adb shell
su

I entered both of the above at the # prompt and got the following:

I got the error unable to chmod .... read-only file system

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

open command prompt

Or if that does not work

adb shell
su

Do you have suerpuser installed? If not get it from market, once it is installed and you enter SU at the prompt check your phone cause you may need to give it persmission with the super user app.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
open command prompt

Or if that does not work

adb shell
su

Do you have suerpuser installed? If not get it from market, once it is installed and you enter SU at the prompt check your phone cause you may need to give it persmission with the super user app.

Yes super user is installed. I even tried the same commands from terminal emulator. When I launched terminal emulator it asked for root user rights and I approved it. I got the same error in the terminal emualtor.

this car dock issue is the last problem I need to fix and of course it's being a %$$*&!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes super user is installed. I even tried the same commands from terminal emulator. When I launched terminal emulator it asked for root user rights and I approved it. I got the same error in the terminal emualtor.

this car dock issue is the last problem I need to fix and of course it's being a %$$*&!

Have you tried a replacement car dock app? I like them better than stock...current fav is Custom Car Home.

nuclearbier

Reaction score

Have you tried a replacement car dock app? I like them better than stock...current fav is Custom Car Home.

I had not until you mentioned it and That is a perfect fix as long as there are no repercussions from just removing the stock car dock app?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I will test it out and see...so you are trying to use the car dock from D2 and not vanilla, right?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I had not until you mentioned it and That is a perfect fix as long as there are no repercussions from just removing the stock car dock app?

You should not have to remove it...install the other, insert in dock, phone will ask you which you want to be default, select alternate car dock program and tap the set as default check box...voila.

Status
Not open for further replies.