[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I still can't get rid of the c3po pic in the messaging app on contacts with no picture. HELP!

All fixed now. Download update and install it again.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why don't people use handcent for messaging? no problems there.

I noticed that the r2d2 on the shelf at vzw has 2.4.5. wonder how different it is from 2.4.0? just curious.

Haven't been able to get an answer on this...Do you mount when doing a backup?
thanks, and hey yeah thanks for the quick responses. way to keep us informed-much appreciated.

Really?! Hadn't heard about that yet...I'll have to slip over to the R2D2 thread and see what's up.

I have a new one still sealed in box and really dont want to open it. Bought it for a collectors item. I just asked around too :)

Ahhh...I'd kinda like one, but have a couple other toys that I'm considering and don't want to be a totally irresponsible adult. ;)

want a droid

Reaction score
After putting on clean then super clean all my contacts numbers were erased.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

That happens if you wipe the data and cache? Do you use Gmail? Have any backups?

I wiped cache only not data. I don't use gmail I only had my contacts numbers. I made back up of my system through bootstrapper but I guess that doesn't include contacts :/

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
After putting on clean then super clean all my contacts numbers were erased.

That happens if you wipe the data and cache? Do you use Gmail? Have any backups?

I wiped cache only not data. I don't use gmail I only had my contacts numbers. I made back up of my system through bootstrapper but I guess that doesn't include contacts :/

If you wiped data only, you should have all of your data intact...ROMs don't touch the /data partition. Either you wiped /data accidentally, or the contacts were deleted in some other manner.

If you have a Clockwork Recovery backup before you applied the ROM, that backup has everything in it...your entire setup before you made any changes. Here's one option:

1. Backup your current setup using Clockwork
2. Restore your previous backup that has your contacts
3. Backup or copy down your contact information
4. Restore the backup w/out contacts and add them back in

You have to enter a Gmail address when you set up the phone. Your contacts entered on the phone should be backed up to the cloud when you enter them - when you sign in again after wiping the contacts should be restored automatically. That didn't happen?

Have you logged into your Gmail account online to see if your contacts are stored there?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

want a droid

Reaction score
If you wiped data only, you should have all of your data intact...ROMs don't touch the /data partition. Either you wiped /data accidentally, or the contacts were deleted in some other manner.

If you have a Clockwork Recovery backup before you applied the ROM, that backup has everything in it...your entire setup before you made any changes. Here's one option:

You have to enter a Gmail address when you set up the phone. Your contacts entered on the phone should be backed up to the cloud when you enter them - when you sign in again after wiping the contacts should be restored automatically. That didn't happen?

Have you logged into your Gmail account online to see if your contacts are stored there?

I have three back ups on Clockwork Recovery.

1st: Right after I rooted
2nd: Right before I installed my first and only rom (hour after #1)
3rd: After I re-installed a rom over a rom (like motaboy told me to)

Neither of the first two have my contact numbers in them even though they did when I made those back ups.

My g-mail account only has like 7 numbers that I've added to my phone since having it.

I'm trying to figure out how to use back up assistant because the app says I have 208 contacts backed up which I should be able to get back some how but I dont know how.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Neither of the first two have my contact numbers in them even though they did when I made those back ups.

My g-mail account only has like 7 numbers that I've added to my phone since having it.

I'm trying to figure out how to use back up assistant because the app says I have 208 contacts backed up which I should be able to get back some how but I dont know how.

Only the clean and full ROMs have back up ast in them. Which ROM you running? If super clean then you need the bua files to copy them to phone. You can grab them out of the full ROM. Should have bua in the name of the apk files.

Do you have any sort of backup for contacts? If not you should sync them to google or somewhere.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

No offense, but that's simply not possible. If you backed up in Clockword Recovery when the contacts were there, they will still be there when you restore. They must have been deleted before the backups. Nandroid backups are not selective...if you say backup, everything on your phone is backed up, down to the last byte.

Good luck...

want a droid

Reaction score
I believe you haha. I really don't know how I could have deleted all of them. Maybe something happened while rooting.

I went on my account online and all my contacts are there I guess I just need to call verizon to get them to put them back on.

want a droid

Reaction score
On the clean rom my message threads now have the newest on the bottom of the list its weird. Any idea how to fix

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
On the clean rom my message threads now have the newest on the bottom of the list its weird. Any idea how to fix

I think that might just be the app itself. Not sure since I use the default android message app.

want a droid

Reaction score
I was talking about the default messaging app.

I installed handcent and it was weird because for some of my texts it was giving my funky times.

So I feel like it has to be rom related.

want a droid

Reaction score
I guess this is just not the rom for me. In Handcent when I'd receive a new text it would say the time is 11:29 AM when it's 3:32 PM. The stock messaging app messed my times up too.

wmnomore

Reaction score
have we figured out the difference btw 2.4.0 and 2.4.5?