[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I installed clean then superclean. So just install clean again?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Yes...it should be ok to install right over what you have without doing any wipe.

GibMonkey

Reaction score
Gotcha, I'll post how it went later tonight. I don't think you could make this much easier. Mabye a UPC code in the future? :D Joking. Thanks again.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I still can't get rid of the c3po pic in the messaging app on contacts with no picture. HELP!

jdon285

Reaction score
Am I missing how to install the black bar theme? Do I have to incorporate this into the zip full or clean zip I download or can I install it afterwards? Same with the Market fix and C3PO fix? Thanks for everything - this is pretty amazing!

The black bar themes are for full and clean ROMs only. You install it by going into recovery, mounting the system, and select the zip file to install. DO NOT WIPE DATA/CACHE! Just install the zip file. Same goes for the market fix. The CP30 fix is just for users running the full and clean ROM.

I will make the post more clear...

I love the Rom, Thanks for a clean and speedy D2!!!
Just an FYI on my experience, I added the Black status bar last and was freezing up at the very end of the Bootanimation. I then cleared Cache, re-installed status Bar and re-booted, Works flawlessly now!! dancedroid

Thanks Again!!

Jack

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I still can't get rid of the c3po pic in the messaging app on contacts with no picture. HELP!

It might be somewher eles...let me check and will have a fix later. Did you mount system in recovery before applying update?

*EDIT*

Found where CP30 was hiding...just have to get my lightsaber to get rid of him ;) Will have fix back up later on. Be patient.

Last edited:

want a droid

Reaction score
I installed clean and it deleted all my apps from my main screen and stuff that didn't happen the first time I installed clean then superclean. I just had to restore back to stock rom which is back with blur and slow

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Am I missing how to install the black bar theme? Do I have to incorporate this into the zip full or clean zip I download or can I install it afterwards? Same with the Market fix and C3PO fix? Thanks for everything - this is pretty amazing!

The black bar themes are for full and clean ROMs only. You install it by going into recovery, mounting the system, and select the zip file to install. DO NOT WIPE DATA/CACHE! Just install the zip file. Same goes for the market fix. The CP30 fix is just for users running the full and clean ROM.

I will make the post more clear...

I love the Rom, Thanks for a clean and speedy D2!!!
Just an FYI on my experience, I added the Black status bar last and was freezing up at the very end of the Bootanimation. I then cleared Cache, re-installed status Bar and re-booted, Works flawlessly now!! dancedroid

Thanks Again!!

Jack

No problem. All updates, add ons or Super Clean ROMs should be added after the first boot.

want a droid

Reaction score
I installed clean back on. If I put superclean back on will it get rid of the stock messaging app again?

mza929

Reaction score
MotaBoy

Wanted to give you a major shout out for your fast responses on this thread!!!

Keep up the great work, and let me know if you need a tester :)

wmnomore

Reaction score
Why don't people use handcent for messaging? no problems there.

I noticed that the r2d2 on the shelf at vzw has 2.4.5. wonder how different it is from 2.4.0? just curious.

Haven't been able to get an answer on this...Do you mount when doing a backup?
thanks, and hey yeah thanks for the quick responses. way to keep us informed-much appreciated.

want a droid

Reaction score
After putting on clean then super clean all my contacts numbers were erased.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
After putting on clean then super clean all my contacts numbers were erased.

That happens if you wipe the data and cache? Do you use Gmail? Have any backups?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I noticed that the r2d2 on the shelf at vzw has 2.4.5. wonder how different it is from 2.4.0? just curious.

thanks, and hey yeah thanks for the quick responses. way to keep us informed-much appreciated.

Really?! Hadn't heard about that yet...I'll have to slip over to the R2D2 thread and see what's up.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Really?! Hadn't heard about that yet...I'll have to slip over to the R2D2 thread and see what's up.

I have a new one still sealed in box and really dont want to open it. Bought it for a collectors item. I just asked around too :)