[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For those that downloaded the market update...I goofed on something so redownload it. It should all be fixed now.

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm using super clean. If I delete conversation.apk will that make my messaging app back to normal?

And how to I change permissions in root explorer because I tried to delete it and it said read only.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mza929

Reaction score
Thanks to My Doid World for releasing the R2-D2 2.40 ROM. It has a few bug fixes besides the Stars Wars additions. All Star Wars related items have been removed and replaced with D2 items. Star Wars sounds have been left in. There are a few options for ROMs so make sure you download the one that will best suit your needs.

You must have ROOT and Bootstrap Recovery installed before you install this ROM.

All ROMs have ROOT and all you need to do is download SuperUser from Android Market or nstall from SD Card. Busybox is also installed in all ROMs. Look down below on how to extract busybox after install.

Full ROM
This is the complete OEM ROM. Some packages are missing that can be updated from Android Market. Gmail, Voice Search, Maps and a few others. Blockbuster, Kindle and all other 3rd party apps removed.

Clean ROM
Same as Full ROM but will all bloatware removed and widgets. Blur is left intact for those that prefer the Droid2 Exchange support and Social Media functions. When you install this ROM it will make a new folder on your SD Card that contain all packages that were removed from Full ROM. This is an OEM ROM with all bloatware removed.

Super Clean ROM
All bloatware, widgets, and third party apps have been removed. You are left with the Vanilla Android SMS-MMS, Calander, Emai and Gallery. You can download this ROM with the Black (HTC) Status Bar or with the Default Droid2 Status bar.

Install Instructions - Full and Clean ROM ONLY!
  1. You must have installed the Full or Clean ROM before you install Super Clean ROM!
  2. If you want Super Clean ROM then follow these instructions and then go to Super Clean Install Instructions.
  3. Download Full or Clean ROM
  4. Place on SD Card
  5. Boot into Recovery (Must have Droid2 Bootstrap installed)
  6. Mount System
  7. Wipe Cache - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems
  8. Wipe Data - You may choose not to wipe but MAY have problems
  9. Double to check to make sure System is Mounted! System must be MOUNTED or you will have problems!
  10. Install zip from SD Card
  11. Choose zip from SD Card
  12. Select VZW_2.4_CLEAN_ROM.zip or VZW_2.4_Full_ROM.zip
  13. Yes - Install
  14. Reboot and you are all done!
  15. Enjoy!

Install Instructions - Super Clean ROM
  1. You must install either Full or Clean ROM first.
  2. After you install Full or Clean ROM, let phone Reboot and go through it's setup.
  3. Install Bootstrap Recovery and Superuser
  4. Download Super Clean ROM with:
  5. Droid2 Status Bar
  6. Black HTC Status Bar
  7. Black HTC Status Bar with Vanilla Android App Icons
  8. Place on SD Card
  9. Boot into Recovery (Must have Droid2 Bootstrap installed)
  10. Mount System - make sure System is Mounted! System must be MOUNTED or you will have problems!
  11. DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM/DATA!
  12. Install zip from SD Card
  13. Choose zip from SD Card
  14. Select VZW_2.4_SUPER_CLEAN_ROM.zip, VZW_2.4_SUPER_CLEAN_ROM_BS.zip or VZW_2.4_SUPER_CLEAN_ROM_VA_BS.zip - Depending which flavor you are going with.
  15. Yes - Install
  16. Reboot and you are all done!
  17. Enjoy!

maybe i missed it, but is this deodexed?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm using super clean. If I delete conversation.apk will that make my messaging app back to normal?

And how to I change permissions in root explorer because I tried to delete it and it said read only.

Yes it will, you need to tap the Mount R/W button on the top right hand corner in Root Explorer before you can delete.

maybe i missed it, but is this deodexed?

Yes it is.

want a droid

Reaction score
Hey MotaBoy,

I deleted conversations.apk and I'm not exactly sure what it did. All I want is to get my messaging app back to the original way it was. Is that not possible with your rom? I'm stuck with this white messaging app that doesn't have contact pictures or names. Please help.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
This is cool that the R2-D2 ROM is available for regular D2 users. But from reading the OP, all the Star Wars related stuff was taken out except for the sounds? What fun is that? What is the point of having an R2-D2 ROM if all the stuff that really made the thing unique is taken out of it?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
This is cool that the R2-D2 ROM is available for regular D2 users. But from reading the OP, all the Star Wars related stuff was taken out except for the sounds? What fun is that? What is the point of having an R2-D2 ROM if all the stuff that really made the thing unique is taken out of it?

I believe if you load the Full Rom it has all the R2D2 stuff intact. Correct me if I am wrong MotoBoy. The Clean and Superclean Roms have that stuff removed.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Because 2.4.0 has a few fixes that the leaked 2.3.15 does not. Wifi is much more stable, GPS is a bit more accurate, Exchange does not keep asking for a PIN and a few other fixes. Some people, like myself do not want the Star Wars additions but want the latest fixes. If you want the Star Wars stuff all you have to do is follow the link in the first post to My Droid World to get R2-D2.

I believe if you load the Full Rom it has all the R2D2 stuff intact. Correct me if I am wrong MotoBoy. The Clean and Superclean Roms have that stuff removed.

Star Wars extras have been eliminated from all of the ROMs.

GibMonkey

Reaction score
Am I missing how to install the black bar theme? Do I have to incorporate this into the zip full or clean zip I download or can I install it afterwards? Same with the Market fix and C3PO fix? Thanks for everything - this is pretty amazing!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Am I missing how to install the black bar theme? Do I have to incorporate this into the zip full or clean zip I download or can I install it afterwards? Same with the Market fix and C3PO fix? Thanks for everything - this is pretty amazing!

The black bar themes are for full and clean ROMs only. You install it by going into recovery, mounting the system, and select the zip file to install. DO NOT WIPE DATA/CACHE! Just install the zip file. Same goes for the market fix. The CP30 fix is just for users running the full and clean ROM.

I will make the post more clear...

GibMonkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Some people were posting about force close on the Droid 2 Bootstrapper after updating to this.... is there any truth to that? Gonna try this out tonight. Thanks!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey MotaBoy,

I deleted conversations.apk and I'm not exactly sure what it did. All I want is to get my messaging app back to the original way it was. Is that not possible with your rom? I'm stuck with this white messaging app that doesn't have contact pictures or names. Please help.

You want the original D2 message package? If so then install the Clean or Full ROM. You should be able to install right over the ROM you are running now without wiping data or cache.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Some people were posting about force close on the Droid 2 Bootstrapper after updating to this.... is there any truth to that? Gonna try this out tonight. Thanks!

One person did but he/she was having a problem with Superuser.

want a droid

Reaction score
I installed clean then superclean. So just install clean again?