ROM Toolbox Pro and nandroid

pmgreen

Reaction score
I was trying to use ROM Toolbox Pro to create a nandroid so I could flash to another rom but got an error saying the ROM manager wouldn't allow ROM to connect to CWM recovery.
Can someone help explain that in English? I'm having functional issues with the phone and want to make sure everything is backed up if it has to be repaired.

Thanks,

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoooooaaaaa. First, ditch CWM and get AmonRa. CWM has some issues that most people are not able to deal with. In either case, you should reboot into recovery and perform your backup directly. Rom Toolbox and Rom Manager have issues rebooting into Recovery and performing a task. See where I'm going here..???

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
Yeah you really like ROM Tollbox, ha. Going to remove it. What do you use as a ROM manager, or find one you like and stick with it?
I created nandroid in recovery, how do I know where it's saved?

Thanks as always for your help

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah you really like ROM Tollbox, ha. Going to remove it. What do you use as a ROM manager, or find one you like and stick with it?
I created nandroid in recovery, how do I know where it's saved?

Thanks as always for your help

As far as I know no ROM Manager works 100% on the Rezound. I could be wrong. It's easier(and safer) to do everything directly in recovery. If you look on your external SD card there's usually a Backup or Nandroid directory that's created(depending on what recovery you use). That should be where you'll find your backup.

MarkAtHome

Reaction score
I was trying to use ROM Toolbox Pro to create a nandroid so I could flash to another rom but got an error saying the ROM manager wouldn't allow ROM to connect to CWM recovery.
Can someone help explain that in English? I'm having functional issues with the phone and want to make sure everything is backed up if it has to be repaired.

Thanks,
Rebooting directly into CWR is the only issue. It has no issue with performing CWR-based tasks.

Once you tell the app to create a backup and it reboots, you must manually get your way to MAGDLR (presuming that is what you are using). Clicking on the recovery option will result in it executing whatever routine you chose via ROM Toolbox Pro, ROM Manager Premium, etc. before it rebooted. If no routine was selected, you will see the recovery menu as usual.

AmonRa is simply another recovery system and is not a solution to your problem.