ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Unzip my zip and take the stock folder and put it on your sdcard.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Hey Squid,

I have been running your full blur rom for quite some time with no problems at all. Last nite I deleted some apk's from the black glass theme and then flashed it. I mounted the system and it installed fine, but for some reason, the email and contacts started having major problems. Any ideas??? Then when I went back to stock squidly full blur, the email works fine-exchange-, but the contacts are not all there. This is really weird.

stillmatic917

Reaction score
Power cycling when unlocking

Hi squidlymandigo

I installed the rom with full blur and once in a while when I unlock the phone the unlock bar freezes after sliding it and letting go and it power cycles the phone. I was just wondering if you knew a way to fix it.

Thank you

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is Music.apk in system/app and are you overclocked? If Music.apk isn't that's your problem,and overclocking causes instability.

stillmatic917

Reaction score
Music apk was missing so I replaced that and hopefully it works. Thank you for the fast response and I will be donating a little something to you. I hope people reading this do as well

ret

Reaction score
Anyone had any Multimedia messaging problems with using this rom? It worked fine for me at first, but I entered the "switchmms" command line and ever sense it's stopped working. I've sense moved mms.apk back to the system\apps folder (is this the proper folder?), and I've checked all my settings using all three messaging apps and set them to automatically fetch MMS and tried using different combinations of each one, and I've also wiped my phone and installed squidly full blur again.

Currently mms.apk is in both the system\apps and on the sd card, would that make a difference?

I'm contemplating wiping again and installing the noblur, but I don't think that would fix it.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There are 2 versions of Mms one that coms with it, when you run switchmms it goes to d1 Mms run mms -ins script or mmsblur -ins

ret

Reaction score
That's what I meant by trying to use the different messaging apps. Is there no way to just use Handcent?

ret

Reaction score
For MMS without one of the other messaging clients?

I have gotten it to work with stock messenger and handcent alongside each other, but then I get the extra notifications for both programs and it's super annoying for someone OCD like me.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I feel ya handcent alone works great but wont send pics you need something else to complete it,I don't send many pics and. Use handcent so when I do I just add in Mms prior to sending.

ret

Reaction score
Gotcha, that makes sense. I got it working now. Last thing, is there something else I need to do to install swype? I type in the command "swype -ins" and it says swype installed. I've checked the system\apps folder and it is there, but no swype keyboard anywhere.

ret

Reaction score
Did not know you could do that. :blush: I'm retarded. Thanks man, looking forward to your next release.

pkbest

Reaction score
I feel ya handcent alone works great but wont send pics you need something else to complete it,I don't send many pics and. Use handcent so when I do I just add in Mms prior to sending.

I didn't realize that you could use handcent mms by itself. That is a drag that it does not do pix messages but I understand what you are saying about having something to complete it. Is there a way to set it as "default" client so that I am not getting this weird double ringtone because my d2 mms client and handcent boh get a text?