ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

ret

Reaction score
For me when I went to the notification bar and click on the message notification, it gave me the option to choose which client to open it with and if you click the check button first it'll set that as the default.

As for the double ringtone, I'm not sure about the other one but with mmsblur installed, open up Text Messaging, hit the menu button, messaging settings, and uncheck the notifications bar. This will disable the ringtone and vibrating and such.

pkbest

Reaction score
For me when I went to the notification bar and click on the message notification, it gave me the option to choose which client to open it with and if you click the check button first it'll set that as the default.

As for the double ringtone, I'm not sure about the other one but with mmsblur installed, open up Text Messaging, hit the menu button, messaging settings, and uncheck the notifications bar. This will disable the ringtone and vibrating and such.

Thanks bro! I'll give this a shot. I uninstalled handcent in the mean time. Will retry this later :)

fragdrum

Reaction score

Thanks bro! I'll give this a shot. I uninstalled handcent in the mean time. Will retry this later :)

If you're using Handcent, just go into the default messaging client and go to Settings and uncheck the Notifications under Text messaging settings. That will get rid of the second notification and only do the Handcent one. It was the same on the Droid 1 as well.

Also, Handcent does send picture messages. When you are sending a message to someone, touch the green + to the left of the messaging field and add a picture attachment. When you pick a picture, it will ask you to resize. After you agree to that, it will say that it is converting to a MMS message and will send the picture.

pkbest

Reaction score
sweet dude.. downloading app back now :) I'll get'er all set up again. You know if you can just uninstall the D2 SMS default app?

fragdrum

Reaction score
sweet dude.. downloading app back now :) I'll get'er all set up again. You know if you can just uninstall the D2 SMS default app?

Potentially, I never have simply to prevent any issues in flashing ROMs or themes later. I just started on my Droid 2, I've only had it a week, but on the Droid there was so many ROMs that I was constantly changing them, and didn't feel like dealing with issues caused by removing the default apps. I know some of the ROMs I've seen have had possible issues if the default apps weren't installed, but you can try it and see. I know that most people here would say do nandroid first though :)

pkbest

Reaction score
When ppl refer to "Nandroid" you are referring to a Clockmod Backup right? I have 2 back ups on my SDCard. I did a backup of my system from right after i rooted it. then i did another today with squidlies full blur and a couple other mods installed... I wont remove it. I'll just remove the notifications. And you are correct in hearing about ppl having problems. I have seen it happen.

fragdrum

Reaction score
Yep, nandroid is the backup done through Clockwork Mod recovery.

rbruceporter

Reaction score
Using ROM Manager having an issue

I have downloaded the latest Squidly ROM as a zip, put it on my sd card, then ran Rom Manager and selected install ROM from sdcard. I checked the wipe data and cache options and it rebooted and looks like it is installing, I have a white box with a yellow arrow coming out point at a green android. Below is a progress bar that went immediately to about 1/4 done, yellow fill on a grey background for the progress bar. And thats where it sits after 11 minutes so far.

Am I being to anxious or am I truly stuck?

I have a Droid 2 Global that I rooted and backed up with Titanium, also did a Nandroid backup as well.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Rob

thebird36

Reaction score
This is for d2 only just restore ur nandroid and you should be fine but where u r right now your gonna want to do a battery pull and see if you can bootstrap to clockworkmod your going to need to have the droid2boostrapper apk im sure you can find it somewhere in the threads or unless you want to pay $2 for it then restore your nandroid btw don't use rom manager it doesn't work on d2 cause of the locked bootloader

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rbruceporter

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info! I did do a battery pull, then booted into recovery and restored the backup and I am back to where I started.

Did not realize I could not use Rom Manager on D2 Global, will look at other options for installing the ROM.

Thanks again!

Rob dancedroid

thebird36

Reaction score
Yeah I don't have a d2g so I wouldn't know if bootstrapper works you'll have to check with the other users but im thinkin it should work and np man happy to help!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Bootstrapper and clockwork recovery is the only option.

rbruceporter

Reaction score
That was the way I went, all is well again! Will hold off on using any ROMS until I am sure they are compatible with the D2 Global not just the D2!

Thanks all! This forum is fantastic!

Rob

mseveso

Reaction score
Question? How do i delete the music cache for the original music application.
I have several files showing up on my music player that are no loger there (they have been deleted). I am guessing that the music database needs to be rebuilt.

Thanks in advance!

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can clear data through manage applications/ all find music but I doubt that's ut you probably have the music mp3s somewhere else on your sd it will find all music files anywhere on your sd.