ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes but instructions to set it at boot are in the readme in the overclock folder of your sdcard but I warn you sometimes ,overclocking will. Not survive boot on all phones that is why I did it this way. I don't want to cause bootloops unnecessarily.

Chickoid

Reaction score
Yes but instructions to set it at boot are in the readme in the overclock folder of your sdcard but I warn you sometimes ,overclocking will. Not survive boot on all phones that is why I did it this way. I don't want to cause bootloops unnecessarily.

Good lookin out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

thebird36

Reaction score
Well I don't really wanna keep it at overclock I just want to see how fast it can get with overclock

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
There's a new keyboard in this?
I have the black stock android version i believe. screenshot?

i said same thing. Question: after install..

in about phone...

it says :

System Version 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

However, it says different stuff like Build Number Squidly 2.3.20

Is this correct? Guessing it doesnt change System Version? sorry if thats a stupid question :(

Also, what themes can we install with this? and still trying to figure out how to run those scripts right lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is a new keyboard with different spacing I believe. System version will have stayed the same but build version will be squidly 2.3.2
You can run any deodexed theme based on 2.3.2

pkbest

Reaction score
well after 2 days..i can say this is AWESOME. I have had a little bit better battery life (might need to run a script to help more (dont know how)) and it seems faster overall. I turned most of the animations to FAST...and it made everything more responsive. great job squidly. Downloading that BigDXserenity theme now. is it only in Pink? am i reading that right? i was hoping I could install the orange one...

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im hoping to have the others up by tonight,they'll get done I promise.

olaff422

Reaction score
So does this ROM work with the R2-D2? I've read a couple things about ROMs not playing nice with it, and I had a theme kill it, although that might have been a deodex issuse, and I haven't really tried anything since.

Reaction score
Hey Squid... when I flash your rom....does it delete the contacts... ? I just flashed my wifes... and now all her contacts are gone... OPPS!!!!

Anyway to get them back?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No but wait for it to sync, if that doesn't work sign out of google then sign back in.

Worst comes to worst clear data/cache from clockwork it only seems like this stuff happens when its not your phone lol let me know if you need anything else.

Reaction score
Hey Thanks... I bypassed it by powering up old phone and using USB to transfer the vcards... worked like a charm.... good to know...

Thanks for the quick reply.... you are the man!

Hero77

Reaction score
Its there go to shortcuts /dialer/dialer it is there.

I want the shortcut to direct dial a contact. It used to be called direct dial under shortcut. There also used to be a direct message shortcut too. I can't seem to locate them anymore. When I boot old launcherpro backups of my desktop, it restores the icons - however, I can't make new ones. ...unless it has been renamed to something I can't see.

Off this topic but - how can I reinstall the old contacts app? Can I just push it to /system/app (the one from fission) and rename the current one to .bak? It lacks the only freaking feature I need which is show only contacts with phone numbers. Why they removed this feature I have no idea because my contacts sink with every single email i've ever sent and literally show 1000s of names. Now if I go into the dialer and contacts, it shows only phone numbers.. but the actual contacts app is useless.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First the direct dial option on shortcuts was never an option on stock, to achieve this use quick contact tasks. Next the fission contacts app will never work it need vanilla android phone.apk and the drivers are totally different,but you can set the contacts app to only show google contacts by pressing the contacts a-z bar and selecting google.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Is there a way to get just the battmanfix files? I was clearing out my sd and didn't realize I messed up until I went to run that and it said it wasn't there..