[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

mitchuscg

Reaction score
how do i get my stock text messaging back? ive tried and no luck. i have all the .apks but they havnt been working.

sephtin

Reaction score
NOTE: Please DON'T TRY TO INSTALL THROUGH ROM MANAGER until the install instructions tell you it is safe to do so!
:S

This should probably be a warning every time someone loads Rom Manager. It's a lazy, and potentially unsafe, way of installing a ROM anyways.

Meh, RM is fine. It just seems it doesn't like the updater-binary/updater-binary method of install.
I have it working from RM, so THE NEXT release (as in 0.6, or whatever) will be installable via RM.

sephtin

Reaction score
how do i get my stock text messaging back? ive tried and no luck. i have all the .apks but they havnt been working.

Stock messaging app isn't included in Focused (Blurless), as it's a blur component. If you want it back, the EASY way to get it, is to install the Blurry version of the ROM, which I highly recommend for those that want some of the blur stuff back, while keeping the rubiX goodness.

bcals0087

Reaction score

Stock messaging app isn't included in Focused (Blurless), as it's a blur component. If you want it back, the EASY way to get it, is to install the Blurry version of the ROM, which I highly recommend for those that want some of the blur stuff back, while keeping the rubiX goodness.

Do you happen to know what the not so easy way is? lol im not trying to format everything againn. I managed to get backup assistant working on rubix focused by putting the right files in but the messaging one is a stumper. I tried conversations.apk and messaging.apk to system/app then com.motorola.blur.library.messaging to the framework folder and it opens, but then closes right away....hmmmm

CaptainBroccoli

Reaction score
Thanks drod for this awesome rom. Looking forward to installing it later tonight.

A question for everyone else here: since this rom doesn't include the the blurred text messaging app, is there any way I can download the Nexus One text messaging app? Is it downloadable online somewhere? That's ideally the app I want to use... I just don't know where to find it.

rkrasny

Reaction score
I love this ROM (and I enjoyed 0.5 blurless too but I need just a little blur in my life and in my rom)

I have one question that has plagued me across several cooked ROMs - how can I get the voice to text working again - I press the voice to text button on the swype keyboard and nothing happens (it acts like a shift key). When I goto settings/voice there are no settings for voice to text (just text to voice).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scubieman

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get cardock to work on Rubix Focused .5 to work? i see the icon and click but nothing.

sephtin

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get cardock to work on Rubix Focused .5 to work? i see the icon and click but nothing.

As per my answer from another post you asked this question in... ;)
[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

HTH!

renaming permissions is kicking my butt
Through Root Explorer?
--Go to /system/app in Root Explorer:
--tap the "Mount RW" button on top:
--long press the file you wanna change perms on> tap "permissions"
Permissions should be:
User: Read & Write
Group: Read
Others: Read
--Then tap the "Mount RO" button on top.

should work. If app still doesn't work, it may have dependancies on other apps. (?).

Rob Storm

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the office app? Running rubix .03 but really need to be able to view
.docx files

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

randyb69

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a fix in the works or not but my camera and camcorder do not work. I downloaded the blurcamera zip and changed permissions and did the move to /system/app and applied the change. After reboot the camera still closes directly after opening. Has anyone found a fix for this?

scubieman

Reaction score
randyb69. I had to move file first then change permissions. The permissions are changed though right?

sephtin

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a fix in the works or not but my camera and camcorder do not work. I downloaded the blurcamera zip and changed permissions and did the move to /system/app and applied the change. After reboot the camera still closes directly after opening. Has anyone found a fix for this?

To confirm, which camerafix did you download?

Edit:
BTW, if you dl'd the camera fix from here:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubiX-FromPATCHED-CameraFix.zip

.. it was meant to be run from within recovery. :p