[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

Asterisk

Reaction score
Ok so for everyone getting the sync icon and it never going away I think it might just be a stuck icon. Cause I did a reboot with sync turned off and it still came back up.

Last edited:

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
does this work thru ROM manager? I tried twice and all that happened was a reflash of FlyX

"Ambitious, but rubbish"-Jezza

sephtin

Reaction score
does this work thru ROM manager? I tried twice and all that happened was a reflash of FlyX

No. Not yet.

Unfortunately, ROM Manager doesn't have a way to debug/test... other than to put it up there devs can test it. :p

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

It works, but only as a way to download for the moment. I'm working on the right script to get it to do everything for you :)

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
Now it's says it's deodexed. that means i don't have to? Bare with me while I figure this all out.

nmsystms

Reaction score
This rom looks amazing! I'm getting my Droid X tomorrow and want to root is asap! It looks like verision 0.4 will be coming out soon? When you expect its release? Would it just be better for me to wait? How easy is it to switch between ROMS on the Droid X?

I know its simple on the Droid but the X seems like things are a little more complicated and people run into more issues...

onelifexv

Reaction score
Great rom so far, super fast...one problem, my facebook will not sync contacts, and therefore, will not sync pictures with my existing contacts...help!

The facebook app doesn't perform that for the droid x, the blur social networking app does. I'll see if there's some way I can get your contacts to sync. I had it successfully sync in actual contacts, but not in the messaging app

Figured out a fix myself. If anyone is having this problem, or having problems with any other system apps, I would install them from this system app folder
http://www.hawkeye411.com/droidx/systemapp.zip . For my problem with facebook contacts syncing, I just installed all blur elements pertaining to contacts / social sync that were pulled out on this rom. Let me know if you need help with this...

What all has to be done besides tossing those three .apk in /system/app and making them rw-r--r--? I've done that and they're not showing up in my app drawer.

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
Got it running. Friggin stupid fast. Briiliant

"Ambititous but rubbish"-Jezza

soccerman316

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues where, one, my memory gets very low, I have a memory optimizer, but that doesn't seem to be working too well, and it seems the phone itself has significantly slowed down. Now don't get me wrong, it is still faster than the ota, but what could be the reason why it has slowed down so much. Even when I close out some of the programs like browser, ringtone applications, and others that I'm not using, it still seems to be a bit choppy. Im using launcher pro, and have renamed adw to a .bak file just in case. Any thoughts?

Really really stupid question.... if you remove the memory optimizer, does it seem snappier? *shrug*

Also, what app is it?

No it doesn't do too much when I remove it. It's Autokiller memory optimizer. I just use it to configure android's memory to when it should start freeing up memory. It's also a process manager, so I can kill off a process if I'm not going to be using it anymore and I would prefer the memory. eg. browser, ringtone applications, quadrant. I dunno, that nice zoom effect when menus or apps open up seems to get choppy after a while. Not as smooth as what I like

You should give Minfreemanager a try. It helps me free up a lot of memory. If you do try it, set the numbers starting from the top as follows: 6, 12, 16, 82, 90, 98. Then hit menu, apply. This works great for me and I have never had a problem.

Seano

Reaction score
you can just use the app SyncMyPix to sync your facebook pics to your messaging apps like handcent and chompsms.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Really really stupid question.... if you remove the memory optimizer, does it seem snappier? *shrug*

Also, what app is it?

No it doesn't do too much when I remove it. It's Autokiller memory optimizer. I just use it to configure android's memory to when it should start freeing up memory. It's also a process manager, so I can kill off a process if I'm not going to be using it anymore and I would prefer the memory. eg. browser, ringtone applications, quadrant. I dunno, that nice zoom effect when menus or apps open up seems to get choppy after a while. Not as smooth as what I like

You should give Minfreemanager a try. It helps me free up a lot of memory. If you do try it, set the numbers starting from the top as follows: 6, 12, 16, 82, 90, 98. Then hit menu, apply. This works great for me and I have never had a problem.

Thanks, ill give it a go

cruckus

Reaction score
Rubix doesn't load through rom manager and I bricked a phone on the rom but I did like it on my first phone! Im alil skeptical on loading it back since im on my third phone in the same week! Haha but just thought you'd like to know about rom manager

dvation

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the 3g hotspot app reinstalled?

If someone has the .apk from stock froyo, could you post/send it to me?

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Rubix doesn't load through rom manager and I bricked a phone on the rom but I did like it on my first phone! Im alil skeptical on loading it back since im on my third phone in the same week! Haha but just thought you'd like to know about rom manager

Also posted here regarding ROM Manager:
[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

The only reason it was IN ROM Manager, is because we were working on it. :S
Its NOT READY. When the install instructions tell you that it's available in ROM Manager.. then it will be available in ROM Manager. :p

It bricked you? how? The only way I can think of it causing a brick, is if the file was b0rked, and didn't completely download (which is TOTALLY possible, because we've been uploading different versions to try to fix! :S

NOTE: Please DON'T TRY TO INSTALL THROUGH ROM MANAGER until the install instructions tell you it is safe to do so!

:S

bladebarrier

Reaction score
NOTE: Please DON'T TRY TO INSTALL THROUGH ROM MANAGER until the install instructions tell you it is safe to do so!
:S

This should probably be a warning every time someone loads Rom Manager. It's a lazy, and potentially unsafe, way of installing a ROM anyways.

Last edited: