[ROM] [ROM] PURITY v2.5 TPAX |11-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

wats6831

Reaction score
So I just moved to 2.5 like on Monday. Today I noticed something strange. I was in a meeting and my notification ringtone went off so I put it on vibrate. Then I later rebooted the phone because it kept dropping the 3G signal (this happens alot) and apparently after the reboot it randomized ALL my ringtones. My notification ringtone, call ringtone and all my contact ringtones had been changed to random stuff. Any ideas? I've rebooted multiple times since moving to 2.5. Thanks.

closeded

Reaction score
I found the problem, it was my usb cable. For whatever reason it would do everything but fastboot just fine. I got a new one and the forever root batch worked perfectly.

Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score
Prior to getting my Bionic I had a DX and aD2 I always used Rom Manager to back up my Roms. Since I got the Bionic Rom manager will only backup stock Roms. Ok so then I do a nanoid backup which is fine but unless Im doing something wrong I can only use the backup one time. Even though they are still there if you try and use it again it wont work just goes back reboot and wont download the rom. So if you think you might want to use it again you need to back it up again.I guess this is the first time I ever tried to use it twice. What does advanced restore mean I tried that also same thing

Sadahiro

Reaction score
I had this problem when I had my OG Droid and it really got me pissed off because it was so annoying. Does anybody have the problem were they send a picture message, and then when you back out to the section when it shows all your conversations, other conversations have [Drafts] and then that picture is somehow in that thread as if you were about to send it to them as well? Or when you click on another conversation, that picture pops up and shows remove photo, send, ect?

kamisan

Reaction score
Prior to getting my Bionic I had a DX and aD2 I always used Rom Manager to back up my Roms. Since I got the Bionic Rom manager will only backup stock Roms. Ok so then I do a nanoid backup which is fine but unless Im doing something wrong I can only use the backup one time. Even though they are still there if you try and use it again it wont work just goes back reboot and wont download the rom. So if you think you might want to use it again you need to back it up again.I guess this is the first time I ever tried to use it twice. What does advanced restore mean I tried that also same thing

If you using bionic bootstrap to backup and restore it uses a date method of naming the backup, you can have multi backups.. If you restore wipe cache and dalvik prior to restoring. Some people are not having good luck with restoring at all. You can also get APPextractor which will read backups and let you restore apps with data which IMHO is a better method than a full rom restore. Then you do a full wipe, reinstall then restore the apps with data from that, it has worked better than Ti for me.

wooddale

Reaction score
If you using bionic bootstrap to backup and restore it uses a date method of naming the backup, you can have multi backups.. If you restore wipe cache and dalvik prior to restoring. Some people are not having good luck with restoring at all. You can also get APPextractor which will read backups and let you restore apps with data which IMHO is a better method than a full rom restore. Then you do a full wipe, reinstall then restore the apps with data from that, it has worked better than Ti for me.
I understand how boot strap works my question is I backed up this rom did what I had to do came back recovered went fine then I did it again this time when I went to recover it wouldnt let me. So I guess if you use your backup once unless you back it up again (another nanoid) it doesnt work you can only use the same backup once? or am I missing something?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I understand how boot strap works my question is I backed up this rom did what I had to do came back recovered went fine then I did it again this time when I went to recover it wouldnt let me. So I guess if you use your backup once unless you back it up again (another nanoid) it doesnt work you can only use the same backup once? or am I missing something?

wierd, I have used my same initial, post root backup a doz times mate. or am I missing the point?
Perhaps it works because I went in and renamed out so I would remember which to use?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
wierd, I have used my same initial, post root backup a doz times mate. or am I missing the point?
Perhaps it works because I went in and renamed out so I would remember which to use?

Ny no your not missing the point at all When I go back to install a backup after using it once It says rom I choose it usually after you say ok it starts downloading the rom after I use it once instead of downloading it gives me about 5 options to choose from do I pick from onr of those never had to do that before maybe because I only used once. You need to splain it to me Man lol.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ny Your talking bootstrap wright I also renamed so I knew which was which. I also tried rom manager and it backups the rom but then I cant find it it doesnt show up in roms backed up like my other phones wonder if my phone aint screwed up?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Ny Your talking bootstrap wright I also renamed so I knew which was which. I also tried rom manager and it backups the rom but then I cant find it it doesnt show up in roms backed up like my other phones wonder if my phone aint screwed up?

I could not find the ROM manager one either but to the other issue... I didnt get those options? It just re applied? But I've been stock resorting for our great leaders next best, lol...

wooddale

Reaction score
I could not find the ROM manager one either but to the other issue... I didnt get those options? It just re applied? But I've been stock resorting for our great leaders next best, lol...

Ok here is the deal. I tried again and it said mismatched MD. Could that be because I renamed them in root explorer so I would know which one was which Im gonna try taking off my names and see if that works but you said you renamed them where did you rename them? Makes sense if you re name then its not the same.

If you go into advanced you can restore either data- davlik-system. in other words one thing at a time

Last edited:

imchad

Reaction score
Sorry to have to ask (feeling kinda stupid) but here is my situation and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I did the factory wipe/cache/format system/dalvik cache. Then installed the Purity_bas3 (of course side tracked @ work) then returned and installed the ic3br3ad pack without the reboot. So now I get the pretty boot animation loop. I can get to the fastboot screen and also the factory recovery screen. Problem is that when I connect my USB and try and run ADB devices, the phone is not seen. I have tried to re-install the drivers, still not seen. What is the best method from here. I have searched through this thread and others for the last few hours and getting nowhere.

Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score
Sorry to have to ask (feeling kinda stupid) but here is my situation and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I did the factory wipe/cache/format system/dalvik cache. Then installed the Purity_bas3 (of course side tracked @ work) then returned and installed the ic3br3ad pack without the reboot. So now I get the pretty boot animation loop. I can get to the fastboot screen and also the factory recovery screen. Problem is that when I connect my USB and try and run ADB devices, the phone is not seen. I have tried to re-install the drivers, still not seen. What is the best method from here. I have searched through this thread and others for the last few hours and getting nowhere.

Thanks

Looks like you tried put it on the way it says not to here is fastboot only way I know cures everything http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html

imchad

Reaction score
Yes I did try that but it does not see the phone connected to the USB. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.