[ROM] [ROM] PURITY v2.5 TPAX |11-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooddale

Reaction score
I have the new SystemUI built, debating on if I should just base update to 894 on these updates.

Hmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is 894 gonna be the OTA if it ever comes out and if it is would we have to change bases again. Rumor has it comming out this week.

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I have the base... Just debating if I want to fully update it now or update what I currently have.

:)

kamisan

Reaction score
not instant but it works but you gotta buy the darn thing

Miui camera works well on the bionic also. Very fast focus. Front camera does not work though.
So far most 3rd party camera apps are better than stock. Moto really didn't put much into their camera software. Camera 360 works great as does the camera fx. Miui can be had for free .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Boot loader is still locked guys.. We can't flash kernels. :)

Unless you path through the OTA process.

kamisan

Reaction score
Boot loader is still locked guys.. We can't flash kernels. :)
Unless you path through the OTA process.

DT theres been alot of conflicting info on the latest OTA, does root remain or does forever root work with it? Did you get it to work from 5.7.893? Is it true these are not the droids we are looking for? Perplexing questions...
Probably a question deserving its own thread, seemed like a good place to start though ;-)

wooddale

Reaction score
DT theres been alot of conflicting info on the latest OTA, does root remain or does forever root work with it? Did you get it to work from 5.7.893? Is it true these are not the droids we are looking for? Perplexing questions...
Probably a question deserving its own thread, seemed like a good place to start though ;-)
I dont believe he can answer that question here

wooddale

Reaction score
I have another Question has anyone noticed last couple days any lag in the phone I dont believe its the Rom because I went back to stock rooted and same thing. I have a Thunderbolt rooted BAMF and it is so much faster good example like when I want to go to this web site it takes twice as long on the Bionic as the TB Im in a 4G area and they both run about the same upload and download scores. The transitions are just so much faster both are setup almost exact. My theory is its the stock kernel and Radio anyone have any thoughts?

closeded

Reaction score
looping intro

I just flashed the newest version of purity. With just the base it worked fine, I wiped everything, installed the xoom theme, and now its on an infinite loop of the boot video. When I boot to recovery it goes to the stock recovery, so I cant just re-flash the rom from there.

wooddale

Reaction score
I just flashed the newest version of purity. With just the base it worked fine, I wiped everything, installed the xoom theme, and now its on an infinite loop of the boot video. When I boot to recovery it goes to the stock recovery, so I cant just re-flash the rom from there.
no you cant did you clear cache and davlik begore you flashed zoom?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The "wiped everything" sounds bad, I think you wiped the system when you did this. You were only supposed to wipe cache and dalvik for the installation of the tPak. I think you are going to do the following (it will return you to stock/rooted).:

The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.

closeded

Reaction score
By wiped everthing I meant I Wiped data/factory reset, cashe, and dalvik cache. I'll try doing what you said. Thank You.

wooddale

Reaction score
The "wiped everything" sounds bad, I think you wiped the system when you did this. You were only supposed to wipe cache and dalvik for the installation of the tPak. I think you are going to do the following (it will return you to stock/rooted).:

The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.
good job guessing what he did. Sounds like you have been there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.