[ROM] [ROM] PURITY v2.5 TPAX |11-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I did try that but it does not see the phone connected to the USB. Thanks

The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes I did try that but it does not see the phone connected to the USB. Thanks

They say phone in charge only but I dont think you can do that can you They only other thing they say you have to have aVerizon cable or it wont work or try switching ports on computer these are things I herd people say

imchad

Reaction score
Thanks so much BayouFlyFisher and wooddale!

I am not sure which was the answer but I did try a different cable and followed Bayou instructions and it worked! I love these forums! Have a great Day.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.

here's a question for all of you guys.
if flash back to stock with forever root as above, would that not change the md5 sum from the stock orig , there by interfering with the official ota update push?
Just curious...
:beer:
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is gonna be an update soon? Only reason Im asking I wanna redo everything start from scratch and it would be just my luck Id spend a couple hrs redoing everything and here comes an update.

wooddale

Reaction score
Aw, go ahead there wooddale. Live life on the edge!

Yeah I probably will even though its working good now I just always wanna make it better. I figure if I redo everything maybe Ill gain a few milli seconds lol

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Yeah I probably will even though its working good now I just always wanna make it better. I figure if I redo everything maybe Ill gain a few milli seconds lol

haha, I've been stock and dying here,
Waiting on the update but I've it on good auth that my wait is soon to be over, lol.. :D

wooddale

Reaction score
haha, I've been stock and dying here,
Waiting on the update but I've it on good auth that my wait is soon to be over, lol.. :D

So I guess Ill wait a bit so I dont have to do it twice because you know if an update comes I gotta do it

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
So I guess Ill wait a bit so I dont have to do it twice because you know if an update comes I gotta do it

Right there with ya mate! Then.... The Sparks are gonna fly, lol.... DT/DH are going to have their hands full, lol :D

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I am looking at the end of this weekend to early next week on the Updates. Unless i get more time this weekend than planned. This is my month of work before I shutdown for the year so it is crazy busy.

:)

Its hard to update status in all posts at all forums. Those who use Twitter... Follow me for frequent status updates. @droidth3ory

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I am looking at the end of this weekend to early next week on the Updates. Unless i get more time this weekend than planned. This is my month of work before I shutdown for the year so it is crazy busy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Gotta make some Money so you can play

Nyteravyn

Reaction score

Its hard to update status in all posts at all forums. Those who use Twitter... Follow me for frequent status updates. @droidth3ory

as ever the man, laugh out loud :D

Status
Not open for further replies.