[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.16 [DEV]

Smitees

Reaction score
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Between Multitasking and Balanced 3 with Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)

Since this ROM uses the V6 Supercharge script are there any benefits to using A2SD+ lowmemory settings or is it just a robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario?

SWAP OPTIONS
There is an included script called swap located in /system/bin you can run from terminal, adb shell, or gscript. The script takes a single arguement defining what type of swap setup you want. Options are file, compcache, both, none. The script will immediately initiate the swap system chosen as well as update boot up and cron files to keep the selection permenent. So whatever you select will persist after a reboot. To run the command, just enter 'swap OPTION'. So if you want to switch from no swap (default on new instal) to swap file, type 'swap file' and everything is adjusted for you. The swap option will be kept after updateing assuming data is not wiped. If data is wiped, it will default back to none.

The same question for using A2SD+ swap options versus the script called 'swap'. Do these essentially perform the same tasks?

wallaby311

Reaction score
See OP

launch Superuser app and go to its menu/ setytings and toggle root oermissions to on and try again

if that doesnt work, try wiping market data & cache

Last, try wiping dalvik cache

I'll try dalvik. I toggled the superuser settings as soon as I updated my rom. I'll update when I get it cleared.
Thanks Chewy!

EDIT - Clearing Dalvik fixed the market issue but I still can't get Titanium Backup to work right. Good thing I usually use MIUI Backup and I don't plan on changing roms until I change phones. (It'll be a while)

Last edited:

frpst9

Reaction score
First time user of MIUI- everything seems to be working quite well, aside from the Messaging app, which force closes if I try to open it (or if I try to access Messaging settings, via Settings options). Any thoughts on this?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Very strange battery life. I would be at 15, charge to 70 in 5 minutes, then quickly die.

I recalibrated the battery this morning and I was just at 70, and in 15 minutes of light web browsing its at 15.

Chevys 1.1ghz mv kernel UC'd to 1.

I had similar problems with the stock kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Try uninstalling and reinstalling TB

I'll try dalvik. I toggled the superuser settings as soon as I updated my rom. I'll update when I get it cleared.
Thanks Chewy!

EDIT - Clearing Dalvik fixed the market issue but I still can't get Titanium Backup to work right. Good thing I usually use MIUI Backup and I don't plan on changing roms until I change phones. (It'll be a while)

xtinct13

Reaction score
setcpu allows you to set up profiles that will downclock if XXX temp is reached

is setcpu compatible with Virtuous Overclock?

also is there anyway to set the Compcache to a specific value in this rom?

i already uninstall and reinstall Doplhin HD Browser and Flash Player and Flash player videos is still not loading/working

can anyone confirm if they are having the same issues with Flash Player?

chewy74

Reaction score
Setcpu will override virtuous.

My flash works fine. Slow, but fine

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Since this ROM uses the V6 Supercharge script are there any benefits to using A2SD+ lowmemory settings or is it just a robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario?
I don't believe there will be any benefit to using the A2SD+ lowmemory settings. They will change the exact same parameters, but I don't know that the changes will be an improvement
The same question for using A2SD+ swap options versus the script called 'swap'. Do these essentially perform the same tasks?
The A2SD+ swap option essential creates a swap file on the sdcard as opposed to the cache partition on the phone . They would preform essentially the same tasks. Depending on your sdcard speed, you may get similar performance. I am not sure if you could run both swap files at the same time because I have not tested the A2SD+ swap. It would depend if it connects the swap file to the same loop device as I do for the cache file.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
also is there anyway to set the Compcache to a specific value in this rom?
you can edit the build.prop and change the value to change compcache size. I have copied the CM7 system, so the value is the percentage of ram value as opposed to size value. It defaults to 18% like default in CM7. You could edit the handle_compcache script to use value instead of a percentage, or just turn compcache off and re-enable w/ compcache command entering a size yourself.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Very strange battery life. I would be at 15, charge to 70 in 5 minutes, then quickly die.I recalibrated the battery this morning and I was just at 70, and in 15 minutes of light web browsing its at 15.Chevys 1.1ghz mv kernel UC'd to 1. I had similar problems with the stock kernel. Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
I have been getting similar odd behavior in battery life for some time now. I can get jumps from 50 to 20, plug in for 10 sec and it is up to 70. I think the issue is part gb, part miui, and part old / worn out batteries (at least for my phone). I thought I had helped it with a change a few weeks ago, but it didn't seem to affect it at all.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I have been getting similar odd behavior in battery life for some time now. I can get jumps from 50 to 20, plug in for 10 sec and it is up to 70. I think the issue is part gb, part miui, and part old / worn out batteries (at least for my phone). I thought I had helped it with a change a few weeks ago, but it didn't seem to affect it at all.

Yeah, I have the oldest battery and my wife has the 2 newer batteries. I'm going to go back to froyo until Friday or Saturday and see what happens.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
The virtous controller keeps force closing if i change kernels. Any way to fix or do i have to use a 3rd party app ?

Has anybody got this to not force close when changing kernels and how?

chewy74

Reaction score
^i went from stock kernel to chevy's ulv 1100 and think got a FC when i first launched the app. I went in via TB and wiped the data from virtuous and relaunched and it was fine

Last edited: