ROM Manager Tips

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A quick brief on what ROM Manager is:
ROM Manager is a tool that allows you to download and install ROMs from a convenient Android based UI, rather than through recovery. You can also perform phone backups, sd card partitioning, and other utility functions. It makes ROM installation and options painless and easy!

Tips for using ROM Manager:
  • When switching between ROMs, I highly recommend wiping data and backup as part of the switch process.
  • If you find yourself missing applications or having force closes due to "class not found" errors in logcat, use Fix Permissions within ROM Manager.
  • The first flash of recovery via ROM Manager is sometimes buggy due to an issue with some versions of Superuser. It will get "stuck" after you choose "Always Allow" and then possibly show an error. Just press back, and try again. It will usually work.
  • If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.
  • Make sure you have an SD card inserted and not mounted to your PC. :)
  • If something goes wrong while in recovery, you would be a great help if you can get me a copy of /tmp/recovery.log and /tmp/extendedcommand before you reboot.

CDB

Reaction score
  • If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.
Where can this file be found? I've always used the file from Root Your Droid.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
In the stock options of Rom Manager I see a 2.1 stock rooted option. Is this just a 2.0.1 root with 2.1 apps and look or is it really 2.1 rooted?

kauaigs

Reaction score
That is the rooted, stock ese81 from the VZW OTA update.

zach471

Reaction score
I have a question I've been trying to get answered, just a strange bluetooth phenomenon. I'm currently running CM .7, and I'm having trouble getting the phone to pair with my car. It pairs just fine with a Jabra headset, and when I'm running Ultimate droid 9.0 the phone will pair automatically with the car. Wonder what's going on? I prefer CM, but if I can't pair it with the car I will have to go back to UD.

kauaigs

Reaction score
I have a question I've been trying to get answered, just a strange bluetooth phenomenon. I'm currently running CM .7, and I'm having trouble getting the phone to pair with my car. It pairs just fine with a Jabra headset, and when I'm running Ultimate droid 9.0 the phone will pair automatically with the car. Wonder what's going on? I prefer CM, but if I can't pair it with the car I will have to go back to UD.

Be sure to clear any cache data and try again...

zach471

Reaction score

Be sure to clear any cache data and try again...

I was careful to perform a full data/cache wipe upon installation. You think I should try it again?

kauaigs

Reaction score
If that doesn't help, I don't have any other info. Perhaphs someone else can add more...