ROM Manager Backups

Jester6x

Reaction score
A month or so ago I used the ROM Manager to do a backup and when I tried to restore, I got the MD5 Mismatch error. Every since I have been hesitant to use the backup through the ROM Manager and either go into Recovery and do a Nandroid backup that way or flash back to SPRecovery and do a backup through there.

My question is, how are you doing your backups? Are they through ROM Manager, or are you going into recovery and doing it from there, or using SPRecovery? I would really like to use the ROM Manager backup, just makes me nervous and I don't know if that one time was a fluke. :)

Thanks

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
I had the same issue once so i just do them in sprecovery. Its way faster than the rom manager backups anyway.

romanrish

Reaction score
Thatwas an error in a certain build I got the same error on one. I haven't had any problems in a while. What did you think all those updates were for. Also if you feel more comfy using clockwork to back up. You can always change name of backup in RM. All RM is doing anyway is automating a clockwork backup.

OP
Jester6x

Jester6x

Reaction score
I was hoping all those updates were fixing things, but when I got that error the one time my heart jumped in my throat. Its like having someone tell you they will catch you if you fall and then have them turn around when a hot girl walks by just as you slip. lol. :biggrin:

But if you are saying that was problem with a previous build and its good to go, I will give it a try again.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tested twice in last day and worked fine both times.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Purchased Rom Manager yesterday and used it to install Cyanogen. Nice tool and Rom.

I followed the instructions that Koush posted http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/36529-cyanogenmod-droid-5-0-5-7-a.html but I installed 5.0.6.1.

And I agree that the backup in ClockWork does take longer than creating one via SPR.

I've not had a need to restore a backup yet so I'm trusting that any and all early issues with ClockWork have been resolved.

Mike

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its a gui way to do stuff w/o having to hold x button. in reality, to me, its not really much easier then sprec, but its done right from the user interface.

due to some reports I tested a lot over last day, just did a recovery actually so thats 3, and it has been flawless.
and ability to move back to sprec is useful too.

OP
Jester6x

Jester6x

Reaction score
After everyone rebuilt my confidence in recovery though clockwork, I gave it a try and everything worked.........well like clockwork. It is definitely nice to have all the tools right though the ROM Manager.

SPRecovery is definitely faster, but the convenience of not having to flash back and forth between recovery systems is very nice.

Thanks for all your input guys.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
ClockWork is smooth as silk. I havent used SPRecovery in close to 2 months and have no plans of using it again.