Rom Manager had quit working

bophead

Reaction score
I tried to install Froyo without success. Now the Rom Manager has quit working. Most of it has grayed out. I have a rooted 2.1 Droid. Any suggestion. I did contact the author and uninstalled and installed a couple of times. Thanks.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I moved this thread to the hacked RS section out of the Stock(non rooted) RS help section.

Do you still have root access? Terminal Emulator shows the pound symbol, SetCPU works, etc?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Did you redownload BOTH the free rom manager and pay version that unlocks the free one? You need both installed.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you redownload BOTH the free rom manager and pay version that unlocks the free one? You need both installed.

Excellent point. If Froyo is a rom that needs the paid version, that would be the issue. I missed the unsuccessful installed part and thought the op got 2.2 installed then lost RM functionality. It looks like it used to work, and then became grayed out but maybe it always was?

OP
B

bophead

Reaction score
Hi,

First off, let me know that this forum is great, thanks for the responses. I found the problem. I initially installed the program using a well written FAQ and video, when I tried to go back to the site to replicate what I had done, it was down. I went back the next day and with the page available I got it back up and running. I really just needed a help file to know how to use the program. Thanks.