Rom Manager dosen't show alternate recovery

trn5407

Reaction score
What gives, I installed rom manager on my droid1 and is says there is no alternate recovery available. Yet I've read that you should install the alternate recovery first before trying to flash clockworkmod.

brando56894

Reaction score
I dont know how to make it show up, but you dont have to do it. Just try flashing clockwork if it doesnt work, flash another version of it then flash back to the most recent one. That pretty much does the same thing as flashing an alternate recovery such as SPR.

OP
T

trn5407

Reaction score
Thanks alot will try that. Very strange app. not for the light hearted lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Did you already have SPRecovery installed? If so it won't show as being there for some reason till you've flashed Clockwork, I've noticed.

Personally I don't use it. I hate the thought of it losing my backups, screwing up downloads, borking my recovery image, and taking up so much more space with those backups than SPRecovery.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens to me when I change roms, but after I reboot its normally fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

trn5407

Reaction score
Did you already have SPRecovery installed? If so it won't show as being there for some reason till you've flashed Clockwork, I've noticed.

Personally I don't use it. I hate the thought of it losing my backups, screwing up downloads, borking my recovery image, and taking up so much more space with those backups than SPRecovery.

No I have the oem recovery still there. I do have rsdlite installed and have the sbf file for sprecovery. Rsdlite regonizes the phone and im good to go. Im leaning in that direction only because I like to have a plan for putting back to stock. I renamed the recovery-from -boot.p file so that it won't be able to put the oem recovery back on after boot. Then backed up with titainium backup with my thinking is if i want to go back to stock Ill put the frg83d back on do a restore change name back to original for recovery from boot and let it rewrite the recovery partition... hows that sound?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Like a lot more work than you need to do. :)

Flash SPRecovery and run the update.zip Motocache1 provided and if you want to go back to stock just install the 83D OTA file and it'll do all that automatically.

OP
T

trn5407

Reaction score
very good, now I got a plan. While I'm here i have one more question. I really don't mind the verizon frg83d but would like to get it up to 800mhz. I have it rooted, is there a kernel I can flash just for the speed over the ota frg83d, of course using sprecovery.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Install SetCPU. The stock kernel can go up to 800MHz.

Another option would be to flash a low-voltage or ultra-low voltage kernel to keep the speeds the same but save even more battery if your phone can run with them.

OP
T

trn5407

Reaction score
Ok I gotta tell you, you have been alot of help at this end. I have to go out for a bit but once again thank you very much.

OP
T

trn5407

Reaction score
Happy to help! :)

Just alittle feedback, did load setcpu and have it running at 800mhz which really makes it snappy, also loaded the wifi tether working nicely there and also root explorer. Hope this helps others to I know it helped me.