[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

But what about updates? And did the problem eventually solve itself, or are you left like that for-evars? :blink:

For me, once I installed the apps I wanted again the phone was good to go. When I installed v3 a couple of days ago, it installed my apps again for me.

Now I can't seem to purchase Amazon apps, even the free ones, but I don't think that is related to the ROM...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

For me, once I installed the apps I wanted again the phone was good to go. When I installed v3 a couple of days ago, it installed my apps again for me.

Now I can't seem to purchase Amazon apps, even the free ones, but I don't think that is related to the ROM...

Weird. Even installing apps on Market from the phone doesn't do any good for me. I've still got a blank slate. Market support isn't being much help at the moment, except prying about whether I'm using "unauthorized operating systems".

Weird. Even installing apps on Market from the phone doesn't do any good for me. I've still got a blank slate. Market support isn't being much help at the moment, except prying about whether I'm using "unauthorized operating systems".

Did you already try clearing data from the market app? That will make you agree to the market terms etc... and might help reestablish a connection.

Did you already try clearing data from the market app? That will make you agree to the market terms etc... and might help reestablish a connection.

Yep. I tried that first. It's been happening on fresh ROM installs. Right now I'm on Lib3, after an SBF. It did it on the SBF/stock ROM, too. I seriously am starting to think they're using multiple sign-ons in a short period of time as evidence for cooked ROMs, and are obstructing full access to the Market based on that.

Yep. I tried that first. It's been happening on fresh ROM installs. Right now I'm on Lib3, after an SBF. It did it on the SBF/stock ROM, too. I seriously am starting to think they're using multiple sign-ons in a short period of time as evidence for cooked ROMs, and are obstructing full access to the Market based on that.
Does your phone show up as an available device when you sign into the market on a computer? It looks to me like they are concerned about hardware, not software based on this (https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1141080). I have a coworker with a Viewsonic tablet that can't get the market, but I don't see where Google is saying you have to be on a manufacturer authorized ROM... The Droix X is on the list.

Does your phone show up as an available device when you sign into the market on a computer? It looks to me like they are concerned about hardware, not software based on this (https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1141080). I have a coworker with a Viewsonic tablet that can't get the market, but I don't see where Google is saying you have to be on a manufacturer authorized ROM... The Droix X is on the list.

Yep. It shows up on the list. The reason I mention software is because they specifically asked about it a number of times in the support emails we've been trading back and forth. And if I try to send an app to my phone from the web front end, say, something I'd installed before, it won't let me do it; says it's already installed. They may just be having problems because there's no way to truly remove a device from being authorized on the Market. You can only hide the device from menus. I suspect they're caching device IDs somehow, and eventually — with a lot of ROM flashing, for instance — their backend doesn't know what to do with all of them.

It's just the paranoiac in me that thinks they're dissing open hardware enthusiasts. :)

Yep. It shows up on the list. The reason I mention software is because they specifically asked about it a number of times in the support emails we've been trading back and forth. And if I try to send an app to my phone from the web front end, say, something I'd installed before, it won't let me do it; says it's already installed. They may just be having problems because there's no way to truly remove a device from being authorized on the Market. You can only hide the device from menus. I suspect they're caching device IDs somehow, and eventually — with a lot of ROM flashing, for instance — their backend doesn't know what to do with all of them.

It's just the paranoiac in me that thinks they're dissing open hardware enthusiasts. :)
I hope you are wrong, and I hope someone can help you get this sorted out. I think I am out of ideas...:mad:

Do we have to do a data wipe when upgrading from liberty 3 RC1? How can I upgrade from RC1?
Thanks!
Mikey

Having issues with the market as well. I can go in to the market, see the home screen, search for apps and even download and see my previous purchases. But the my apps page is completely blank. Just did a wipe data & cache and installed the gold from the link on this thread (which by the way is before or after the 1.1RC in the rom toolbox pro?). Before I wiped I was on the pre release, and updated to the leaked market. Had a simliar issue, but when you go into my apps page, it brought up two grey boxes asking if i wanted to see apps or games. But clicking on either just made the screen go blank.

Having issues with the market as well. I can go in to the market, see the home screen, search for apps and even download and see my previous purchases. But the my apps page is completely blank. Just did a wipe data & cache and installed the gold from the link on this thread (which by the way is before or after the 1.1RC in the rom toolbox pro?). Before I wiped I was on the pre release, and updated to the leaked market. Had a simliar issue, but when you go into my apps page, it brought up two grey boxes asking if i wanted to see apps or games. But clicking on either just made the screen go blank.

Exactly.

I am having the same issue with the pulldown editor causing fc. I went to the properties file through ROM Toolbox and tried to edit the pulldown text but it fails too. I thought it had something to do with permissions. In the ROM Toolbox, I could not find where the fix permissions option is. lol I did find where I could make it fix permissions on boot, so i tried that. After a reboot, the pulldown editor in ROM Toolbox still causes an FC. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the hard work that went into this.
I was able to edit build.prop using the root browser in ROM Toolbox. It allowed me to make the change. Once I rebooted I had my customer pulldown text.

Perhaps if I ran the script that remounts /system as read/write, and then used the pulldown text editor it would have worked?

Is there a way to verify the rom was downloaded properly? Maybe a MD5?

For some reason every rom I have tried on my Droid X has failed halfway through. I downloaded Liberty3X-1.0Gold.zip on my computer and transfered to my droid x and it will install, but for somereason half of my apps hangs on the screen between install and acknowledge screen. I also have gotten the error that there was not enough space to reinstall my apps after I installed Liberty 3.

I just reset my phoneto 4.5.602 Gingerbread using 1KDStaz_DX_4.5.602.iso from Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems. I have also deleted everything off my micro sdcard.

I am using rom toolbox pro to download the roms.

Upgraded from. 9 to RC to 3 perfectly fine. Didn't do anything but hit the upgrade button from toolbox paid version. No issues at all. Market works perfectly fine.

Quick question everyone.... I am currently using Liberty GB v0.9. My radio baseband is .13P (I did the necessary SBFing and whatnot to get the .13P radio and then loaded LGB 0.9 a while back.) I am seeing that other people are successfully going from LGB 0.9 to Liberty 3 with no issues. Is there any reason that specifically requires coming from a .602 build? Am I missing any "updates" or anything by just going from LGB v0.9 to Liberty 3, or have I basically already applied the "updates" by getting the .13P radio on here?

Back