[ROM] [JB] Blurry 1.0 (Official 5/1/13)

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
Hey first off, I really like the Blurry ROM. However, I'm having an issue getting the Play Store to work which is preventing me from being able to use several apps I've purchased. Is there a specific Gapp file I need to download and install with Blurry? I see the Play Store, but when I click on it, it says "App isn't Installed". Thanks

Ill look into it.

Update says there is an update 2.4.1, but says I am on 2.5. When I try to download the update, it says there is an error.
I installed 2.4, then 2.4.1, then 2.5 in that order. Wiped every time. Phone also seems to be somewhat laggy and I get a random Google Play has stopped working error.
Any ideas?

Ive been having some server problems which has been messing with OTA Updater. Im planning on having it solved sometime today if I can find a decent VPS or Webhost. I think I know what is causing the lag, and Im going to post up a patch to see if it fixes it later today so stay tuned to the thread if you would please. Unfortunately the patch I posted a link to for 2.5 wasnt exactly the same one since my server crashed and I lost my files. That was a backup I had but it had one file that was different which I believe is casuing the lag. As for google play, you two are the first to have a problem so I think the two problems are actually related to each other.

itzalgd24

Reaction score
As for google play, you two are the first to have a problem so I think the two problems are actually related to each other.

I am not ready to say it is a problem. It happened twice and it was during a TB restore so I am going to assume it had something to do with that. I can open Play, I can open and download with no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will watch for an update.

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
I am not ready to say it is a problem. It happened twice and it was during a TB restore so I am going to assume it had something to do with that. I can open Play, I can open and download with no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will watch for an update.

Ah. Okay. Yeah. I need to edit my post and let people know not to use TiBu. Restore apps and data has been causing lag issues.

There is still a small problem with the 2.5 patch I posted direct links to. It has debugging enabled in a script and writes a huge log file. Should have it posted and edited in my post in an hour or so.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

itzalgd24

Reaction score
Ah. Okay. Yeah. I need to edit my post and let people know not to use TiBu. Restore apps and data has been causing lag issues.

So, how do we restore our apps? I have quite a few apps I would hate to lose the data on. I have always used TB with no problems.

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
So, how do we restore our apps? I have quite a few apps I would hate to lose the data on. I have always used TB with no problems.

Try restoring the apps first and then restoring data for apps you need to keep the data for. Be selective though. I have a feeling TiBu is restoring over apps that come installed by default and its messing with the system. Some other people have been discussing this over at droidrzr.com, you might also check out the thread over there since its the official support thread for the ROM and a lot of other competent people help with these issues as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
Just posted the new temporary link in the post with the changelog for 2.5. Until my new VPS and domain are set up OTA Updater will not be working.

Last edited:

itzalgd24

Reaction score
Just posted the new temporary link in the post with the changelog for 2.5. Until my new VPS and domain are set up OTA Updater will not be working.

Well, I have downloaded the latest and installed and now I can't get any apps to install from the Play store. It just sits there and says downloading.

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
Well, I have downloaded the latest and installed and now I can't get any apps to install from the Play store. It just sits there and says downloading.

Im sorry man. Im working on it. My PC crashed a few days ago and I lost a lot of my files, and then my servers went down and I lost those files too. So now Im in scramble mode trying to get everything back to the way it was and working perfectly before all this bad crap happened to me. Please be patient, my VPS is up now and Im trying to fix any problems people have run across.

itzalgd24

Reaction score
Don't be sorry. You are doing a great job! I am just frustrated because I see the potential of this ROM and am anxious to use it! Just wanted to keep you aware of the issues in case it is something u can fix. Hell it might even be my fault. I am going to try a complete reinstall this weekend to see.

deduct

Reaction score

Have you tried signing out of your Google account and signing back in? I have had this happen to me in the past and it's worked for me.

Import roller

Reaction score
I had blurry max on my old ICS, and just updated to JB OTA. Do I need to install all the Blurrys, or can i just install the 2.4.1? And Safestrap is forceclosing on me right now when i reinstalled it after the OTA.

Last edited: