[ROM] D2G, Stock, Deodexed, Busybox, Root, 2.4.330 Full Rom

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Adding to the bug report. The rom flashed fine, but i was having issues with sms. Text messaging would go black after entering phone # and return to txt inbox. Will have more time tomorrow to test both deodexed options.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

sailorman28

Reaction score
3G question about this ROM

Hi all,

I do need a quick bit of advice. I installed this ROM on my D2G and no longer have 3G service...just 2G. Do you recommend that I update the PRL or the Baseband? If so, do you have an update.zip file for those? I am traveling abroad now so I do not have access to Verizon's *228 feature so a manual PRL update may be necessary. I am a little lost so any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Open the dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* then choose the top option, scroll down and there is a dropdown menu with signal options. Make sure CDMA auto prl is selected.

sailorman28

Reaction score
Open the dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* then choose the top option, scroll down and there is a dropdown menu with signal options. Make sure CDMA auto prl is selected.

Thanks, but I am in a country that only supports GSM so switching to CDMA wont do me any good. The problem that I am having should be fixed by your method above but when i click menu on that page, then click select radio band, it only says USA BAND. It finds the network on CDMA/GSM (auto prl) but does not find 3G. Any thoughts?

sailorman28

Reaction score
i just solved it! i did a SBF flash and it fixed the problem. thanks for your help!

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Hey BuryBoi I took your D2G.2.4.330.Deodex.Root.Busybox file and pulled out some of the bloat initially (kindle, Blockbuster, amazon,VZnav, VZmonitor) and then swapped in the contacts files from the 2.4.29apks ROM and haven't run into any of the issues i did the first time around.
any suggestions on what the filename is for the 3g hotspot? I'm going to swap in wifi tether as a substitute.

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
@Ultim8gamr
The 3g hotspot is called Mynet.apk

Also, the beta version of the rom (at the bottom of the first post) is 2.4.330 apks except with 2.4.29 contacts. But regardless, looks like you figured it out on your own! Good goin!

@sailorman28

Did you reflash the Stock Deodex?

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
@Ultim8gamr
The 3g hotspot is called Mynet.apk

Also, the beta version of the rom (at the bottom of the first post) is 2.4.330 apks except with 2.4.29 contacts.
THanks for the info on 3ghotspot. my bad, i thought the beta was with all the 2.4.29 apks not just the contacts. keep it up these updates you're putting out are awesome.

volsfan1965

Reaction score
Deodexed ???

at the risk of sounding stupid..............What is deodexed???

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Android has, at its base linux but our apps are java.

To run the app, linux opens a dalvik virtual machine (like VMware) to run the java apps. A .dex file is a Dalvik Executable (like windows exe files). An .odex is an optimized .dex file. Some manufactures (including Moto) use them for the system apps and frameworks. For many of the factory apps/frameworks there will be a corresponding .odex file. The problem with these, is that it makes it difficult to theme.

To simplify theming we "deodex" the apks by decompiling the .odex, and recompiling it as classes.dex and injecting it right into the apk. Now what was two separate files, is now one apk.

There are benefits and costs to each method, but because of Theming, the general consensus is to "deodex."

evanlec

Reaction score
Hey so I'm running Fission 2.4.3 for quite some time now on my D2G...
It's starting to get awfully slow at times now (too many apps / junk build up), also getting crashes (reboots the phone, not a full reboot though, not sure what this is called but I've heard it is an issue with Fission 2.4.3) several times per day when unlocking the phone.

Anyways, I'm wondering, would I find more enjoyment out of using this ROM since it is the latest and greatest version of Android (2.4.330 right?) versus Fission 2.4.3 which runs Android 2.2 correct?

I really liked Fission because it was a very Stock Android experience without any of the Motorola "Blur" crap...

However, if this ROM is also completely Stock Android AND its the latest and greatest from Google, then I'd be best off using this ROM then right?

Also, would I have any trouble flashing this over my current Fission 2.4.3?

Correct me if I'm wrong about anything...

Thanks!

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
This is stock motorola...not google :(

It is essentially how your phone came out of the box, but with the update from December.

No benefits over fission, just a full rom, as apposed to just the Frameworks and Apk's.

evanlec

Reaction score
Oh bummer...so perhaps I'd be happier to wipe data/cache and reflash Fission?

Only reason I don't want to do that is because Fission 2.4.3 is getting a bit out of date (meaning no updates from Google upstream) compared to even Motorola Stock...

What would be the best way to get the most up-to-date Stock Android experience on my D2G?

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Fission is the closest thing to stock google that we've got...

We can't run true stock google because of the locked bootloader.

So...while fission is getting dated, it is still pretty good.