[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Kinda curious as well about build 32. I'm rocking MIUI 1.7.22.1 right now, and I love it, but CyanogenMod is the "famous" ROM and I'd love to give it a shot, hoping I'll fall in love with it instantly as my friends and the internet say I will.

slightly off-topic but is there a way to boot both ROMs on my phone to test drive Cyanogen before fully flashing it? Or has that functionality not quite made it to the D2 yet?

google dual-boot android...

chayes627

Reaction score
flashed 32 and running great. noticed battery life isnt nearly as bad as the 27 build.

Is any one having problems with wifi? Mine wont connect at all says its out of range but its def not

Sent from my Rover blue animated Cyanogenmod7 Droid 2

plutoknight

Reaction score
Kinda curious as well about build 32. I'm rocking MIUI 1.7.22.1 right now, and I love it, but CyanogenMod is the "famous" ROM and I'd love to give it a shot, hoping I'll fall in love with it instantly as my friends and the internet say I will.

slightly off-topic but is there a way to boot both ROMs on my phone to test drive Cyanogen before fully flashing it? Or has that functionality not quite made it to the D2 yet?

The most results I get are for "Boot Manager" which I knew existed, but isn't supported on the Droid 2. I can't find too much more info on ROM switching like that for the D2 (which is fine haha. Guess I'll have to nandroid/reflash!)

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score

The most results I get are for "Boot Manager" which I knew existed, but isn't supported on the Droid 2. I can't find too much more info on ROM switching like that for the D2 (which is fine haha. Guess I'll have to nandroid/reflash!)

i see. then no.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I was lucky if I got 10hrs of battery life from moderate use. I'm getting an extended battery so I'm gonna see how that holds up on CM7/MIUI.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I was getting tired of the poor battery life so I sucked it up and went back to the GB leak. I was getting around 10-12 hrs with moderate use on cm7 or miui. Now I'm back up to 18 at least. I miss the features but they didn't do me much good with the battery always threatening to die.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

zikoor

Reaction score
How can I find out what specific changes there are from build to build

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was lucky if I got 10hrs of battery life from moderate use. I'm getting an extended battery so I'm gonna see how that holds up on CM7/MIUI.

I was getting tired of the poor battery life so I sucked it up and went back to the GB leak. I was getting around 10-12 hrs with moderate use on cm7 or miui. Now I'm back up to 18 at least. I miss the features but they didn't do me much good with the battery always threatening to die.

I did the same thing today. I sbf'd, installed GB and then Apex. I was back on CM7 an hour later.

Its so much faster, smoother and feature packed. I'll buy another battery before I go back to 2.3.3

CM74DX

plutoknight

Reaction score

i see. then no.

Yeah :/. I didn't think so. Oh well. Darned locked bootloader (A little poking around made it seem like he's working on a fix for the 2nd init phones, but nothing concrete yet).

So, if I was switching from MIUI, just download, wipe cache (and data?), and flash right?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. What were you thinking? Battery sucks (we know), but you should know better Brad! J/k of course ;)

CM74D2

CKD2

Reaction score
I'm staying on CM7. It's waaaaaay to great to leave. I make sure I have an extra battery or 2 charged up with me. This rom is really making me like my phone and taking the pain away of not having any dual core 4G goodness. I'm sure I can wait another year til my upgrade.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. What were you thinking? Battery sucks (we know), but you should know better Brad! J/k of course ;)

CM74D2

I don't know what came over me... it was a moment of boredom and stupidity!

On the plus side, for some reason with the Linux sbf CD, I don't have to activate my phone after sbf. Really cool.

CM74DX

jfriend33

Reaction score
I can't leave this rom. I just tried MIUI with the annoying iphone esque interface. Apex was acceptable, liberty even more so. I just like the customization and performance. Now if I could remember to restore my backups next time I experiment with another rom, that would make my life easier.

So just for the heck of it, how much longer will we be waiting for decent battery life?

Is there anything a novice person like me can do to help with the development of this rom besides donating money?

Anybody having issues with android overclock frequencies not staying?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Just came back to CM7 after running MIUI for about 2 weeks. I missed CM7. Can't wait for my extended battery to get here so I won't have to worry about batt life as much :)