[ROM] BAMF Rezound [Team BAMF]

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dfnewsig.png

This is straight from Team BAMF Forum's, please visit the site and original post for downloads!
(Do not post alternate download links here without their permission!)
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1416638This is NOT my ROM, I am simply re-posting it here for us)

Credits to Team BAMF and erishasnobattery

Obviously, you MUST BE UNLOCKED.

I included a PH98IMG_boot_only.zip that contains an unsecured kernel with init.d support. YOU MUST FLASH THIS for init.d or another kernel of your choice with init.d support AFTER the ROM flash.

Features:
  • Deodexed
  • All Bloat moved to /data for easy uninstall (Normally, I would just remove it, but I don't pretend to know what your idea of bloat is)
  • Basic BAMF Settings
  • Extended Quick Launch (courtesy of Ihtfp69)
  • Extended Reboot Menu
  • Unsecured Stock kernel
  • HTC Hub
  • init.d support (with proper kernel)
Instructions for Install:
  1. Download attached ROM (BAMF_Vigor_1.02.zip)
  2. Copy to your External SD card.
  3. Boot to recovery
  4. Wipe /data and /system
  5. Flash the zip.
  6. Reboot
  7. If you want to flash the kernel, ensure it is on your EXTERNAL SD and reboot to bootloader.
Change Log:
    • Fixed battery Icon
    • Added HTC Hub
    • Fixed errors with apps on Data Partition
    • Fixed Backup Assistant Sync
    • Disabled OTA Updates, I hope
    • Removed text labels from Launcher
    • Fix for Facebook contacts in restricted apps
    • Added support for init.d
    • Added Car Panel and Clock back to application list
    • Replaced Rosie Splash
    • Fixed updater Script and build.prop to work with Clockwork
    • Removed GPS reticle
    • Removed Screenshot option in Power menu
    • Initial Release
Known Issues:
  • None
Special Note:

This will be the final Update to this ROM by me. I no longer have my Rezound. I am handing it over to the moderators of TeamBAMF.net to work on. I will help them when needed, but I will not monitor the threads, fulfill any special requests or read bug reports. Thanks. -erishasnobattery

To download, please visit OP found here.

screen_20120111_2203.png
screen_20120111_2201_1.png

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installed this early yesterday evening, been running great so far. No issues. Very fast, BAMF Toolbox makes it very easy to remove bloated apps. Will see how the battery life is today while at work (calibrated battery this morning as well).

Anyone else giving this a go?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I won't. I don't think it is enough of an improvement over stock to be worth the hassle. If you have your phone unlocked and rooted, you can remove all the bloat, get rid of Sense, etc... That's 90% of what these first round of ROMs are.

Until someone makes something really cool, or puts out an ICS based one, I will be sticking to unlocked/rooted/debloated/de-Sensed stock.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't. I don't think it is enough of an improvement over stock to be worth the hassle. If you have your phone unlocked and rooted, you can remove all the bloat, get rid of Sense, etc... That's 90% of what these first round of ROMs are.

Until someone makes something really cool, or puts out an ICS based one, I will be sticking to unlocked/rooted/debloated/de-Sensed stock.

Tis a good argument as well. I like have the BAMF toolbox which made it a breeze to freeze app, as well as the extended settings in the power menu and the deletion of the location icon is nice as well. I also like the edited quick launch as well.

By no means is it a GREAT ROM, but its a start. Flashed it cause I was bored, and was needing something to flash lol.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tis a good argument as well. I like have the BAMF toolbox which made it a breeze to freeze app, as well as the extended settings in the power menu and the deletion of the location icon is nice as well. I also like the edited quick launch as well.

By no means is it a GREAT ROM, but its a start. Flashed it cause I was bored, and was needing something to flash lol.

I hear ya. I just figure that if I can going to take the time, and the risk(there is always some level of messing something up when flashing ROMs), I might as well wait for something that is a significant change from what I have. Mine is rooted, all bloat removed, Sense removed, etc... And it runs great, so I don't want to mess with it till I see an ICS ROM. :)

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I just figure that if I can going to take the time, and the risk(there is always some level of messing something up when flashing ROMs), I might as well wait for something that is a significant change from what I have. Mine is rooted, all bloat removed, Sense removed, etc... And it runs great, so I don't want to mess with it till I see an ICS ROM. :)

Haha, a good, safe approach.

I can't wait for ICS on this thing, will be a beast of a phone...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, a good, safe approach.

I can't wait for ICS on this thing, will be a beast of a phone...

Yeah, I am taking the safe route. My girlfriend will kill me if I spend a lot of time with my nose buried in my phone, and the typical frustration and rage(mine) when things go sideways and I have to spend hours trying to get it back to normal and all that. She has the same phone and wants a solid ROM, but she won't waste the kind of time that I will, so I will wait until something really good comes along and then I will invest the time to see how it works and be the guinea pig and if it all checks out, throw it on her phone. She puts up enough with my wasting time on things, so I don't want to push my luck. hehe

jbg25

Reaction score
I am about to....but first a question. What recovery are you using?

mjh68

Reaction score
worked great ! love having all the verizon crap removable. :)

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I installed this last night, and am not liking it so much.. Dont get me wrong, I loved bamf skyraider on my inc 2, but on this, i am getting reboots to where it will just bootloop till i hit the power and vol +- to correct it. My battery live completely went to sh** also. As for speed and options, It is a very fast and clean rom and I like the extended power options. But for now, Im going to have to go back to something a little more stable. Im sure that when this rom is completed, it will be as solid as skyraider, but I need something stable now.
Keep up the great work...

jbg25

Reaction score
I installed this last night, and am not liking it so much.. Dont get me wrong, I loved bamf skyraider on my inc 2, but on this, i am getting reboots to where it will just bootloop till i hit the power and vol +- to correct it. My battery live completely went to sh** also. As for speed and options, It is a very fast and clean rom and I like the extended power options. But for now, Im going to have to go back to something a little more stable. Im sure that when this rom is completed, it will be as solid as skyraider, but I need something stable now.
Keep up the great work...

this happened to me when I flashed using CWR. If you are using Clockwork...try flashing Amon Ra recovery and then reflashing the ROM. I have had no serious problems since flashing with Amon Ra

jbg25

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble changing the wallpaper?

Edit: Nevermind. Must have been user error. I just reflashed and no issues now.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
this happened to me when I flashed using CWR. If you are using Clockwork...try flashing Amon Ra recovery and then reflashing the ROM. I have had no serious problems since flashing with Amon Ra
Nope, im on amon ra..... Kinda depressing cause i really like this rom.. but in time it will all be good! Have you heard of 4ext recovery being able to run on the rezound yet? I really like that recovery and am looking forward to getting it back! (have it on my inc2)

Thanks for the reply!

mjh68

Reaction score
Only quirky thing I have run across is that the battery indicator randomly goes back to stock and I lose the percentage one. First time it happend it was after taking it off the charger and it switched back within a minute. Just now at work.. I finished downloading something from the market and suddenly I noticed it was back to stock battery indicator again. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues yet, no reboots or anything. I am using Amon Ra recovery, and stock kernel.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only quirky thing I have run across is that the battery indicator randomly goes back to stock and I lose the percentage one. First time it happend it was after taking it off the charger and it switched back within a minute. Just now at work.. I finished downloading something from the market and suddenly I noticed it was back to stock battery indicator again. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues yet, no reboots or anything. I am using Amon Ra recovery, and stock kernel.

Chances are every other icon is themed so as it drops from 80% to 60% the icon will revert

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland