[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
umm..
Can someone give me a heads up on what's going on this thread, I wanna try and understand and would like to have my input on this If i can or could.
Is everyone experiencing the same problems? Ppl on the Droid X and Droid 2? System Force Closes/Reboots....Or did the problem already get resolved?

This for them peeps who are on the earlier versions of apex, or already on the 1.4.1 that has flashed over 1.4.0 and are experiencing minor problems.....

I for one did try and flash 1.4.1 over 1.4.0
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

So now about an hour ago I,

-BOOTED INTO CLOCKWORK
-wiped data (factory reset)
-wiped cache..
-FLASHED MY STOCK ROM
-wiped cache..

I don't know why I did the second wipe but i did it for good measures...

-INSTALL FROM SDCARD
-Apex 1.4.1

..so far so good.. I just switched up the keyboard and flashed Revo and no FC's...
I'm setting up everything back up now, all my overclock profiles..

...I've notice that flashing over an existing rom, or using titanium backup, usually, I mean I'm 100% positively sure it causes some problems..haha. I Learned that first hand..

Fab! You should consider just telling everyone to do a clean flash of your rom, you should recommend it...=D

[Sent Using Smoke Signals]

Well to recap everything that has happened, I posted a problem about system FCs on startup of 1.4.1 only on Droid 2 (droid x is unaffected by this) but we managed to narrow it down to the start up script and now some of us are beta testing a fixed version of the rom for the droid 2 only and so far no problems when the problem script is run after boot...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Good to hear, Brett.

Can you tell me what happens to any Toolbox customizations I've done in 1.4.0 (changed to moto cam/gallery, using motoemail) if I install 1.4.1 over the top of it? Are those customizations maintained?

Thanks. Love this ROM - got the moto email back (Yay - Search in email!), the speed is good, and the cool transitions are nice eye-candy. :)

Reaction score
umm..
Can someone give me a heads up on what's going on this thread, I wanna try and understand and would like to have my input on this If i can or could.
Is everyone experiencing the same problems? Ppl on the Droid X and Droid 2? System Force Closes/Reboots....Or did the problem already get resolved?

This for them peeps who are on the earlier versions of apex, or already on the 1.4.1 that has flashed over 1.4.0 and are experiencing minor problems.....

I for one did try and flash 1.4.1 over 1.4.0
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

So now about an hour ago I,

-BOOTED INTO CLOCKWORK
-wiped cache..
-FLASHED MY STOCK ROM
-wiped cache..

I don't know why I did the second wipe but i did it for good measures...

-INSTALL FROM SDCARD
-Apex 1.4.1

..so far so good.. I just switched up the keyboard and flashed Revo and no FC's...
I'm setting up everything back up now, all my overclock profiles..

...I've notice that flashing over an existing rom, or using titanium backup, usually, I mean I'm 100% positively sure it causes some problems..haha. I Learned that first hand..

Fab! You should consider just telling everyone to do a clean flash of your rom, you should recommend it...=D

[Sent Using Smoke Signals]

Well to recap everything that has happened, I posted a problem about system FCs on startup of 1.4.1 only on Droid 2 (droid x is unaffected by this) but we managed to narrow it down to the start up script and now some of us are beta testing a fixed version of the rom for the droid 2 only and so far no problems when the problem script is run after boot...

Good to hear, Brett.

Can you tell me what happens to any Toolbox customizations I've done in 1.4.0 (changed to moto cam/gallery, using motoemail) if I install 1.4.1 over the top of it? Are those customizations maintained?

Thanks. Love this ROM - got the moto email back (Yay - Search in email!), the speed is good, and the cool transitions are nice eye-candy. :)

Unfortunately, any customizations done to the system will be overwritten with the default so you will have to go back through and reconfigure the settings to get the customizations back.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Good to hear, Brett.

Unfortunately, any customizations done to the system will be overwritten with the default so you will have to go back through and reconfigure the settings to get the customizations back.

Wong answer!! ;-)

Oh well...I guess I'll have to make sure I write down everything I do in the future.

Preserving customizations would seem to be a ripe area for future enhancement...when Apex provides so many nice customizations, maintaining them would be the icing on the cake. :)

Looking forward to an updated 1.4.1 so I can upgrade...

Kimo91

Reaction score
Loving this update to 1.4. Everything's working a lot better and my gmail is finally syncing the way its supposed to. Also loving the toolbox settings. Keep up the great work Fab

Sent from Kimo's Rooted Droid 2

droidxethan

Reaction score
So how do I no that data throttle hack is working?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jdog94

Reaction score
For some reason on 142 my phone just started random rebooting like 5 times in a row yesterday so I had to revert to a back up of liberty I may try this again later

jdog94

Reaction score
so tell me what happens? what are we losing if w done run startup scipt?

Reaction score
For some reason on 142 my phone just started random rebooting like 5 times in a row yesterday so I had to revert to a back up of liberty I may try this again later

So when you say random rebooting, you mean you made absolutely no major changes from the last time you rebooted your phone? Also I no it might sound silly but usually with random problems, I've noticed that rebooting the phone yourself will fix it... But I guess too late now! Lol

As for the script I'm curious as well since I dont know either haha.

jdog94

Reaction score
I was just setting in tire shop got on net it locked up in rebooted thenit done it like 5 times in a row lock up and reboot

Reaction score
I was just setting in tire shop got on net it locked up in rebooted thenit done it like 5 times in a row lock up and reboot

That's wierd! and you have never run into thus problem when using the browser on 1.4.2 before this? The browser always worked before this event?

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well today it started again with my gmail not syncing properly again not happy with that but all in all loving this ROM

jdog94

Reaction score
Nope never had problems before

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's wierd! and you have never run into thus problem when using the browser on 1.4.2 before this? The browser always worked before this event?

1.4.2?

Typo? Only recent releases I see are 1.4.0 and 1.4.1...

Reaction score

1.4.2?

Typo? Only recent releases I see are 1.4.0 and 1.4.1...

No. This is not a typo. There have been problems with 1.4.1 on the droid 2 so a group of us are testing out 1.4.1 but with a different startup script so it is currently going by the name of 1.4.2 :D

Nope never had problems before

When installing 1.4.2 did you install ontop of your previous rom or did you do a complete wipe?

Well today it started again with my gmail not syncing properly again not happy with that but all in all loving this ROM

Have you had problems before this on previous roms? And the first thing I would probably do is either, delete you gmail account and add it again, and if it is still doing it then uninstall gmail and reinstall it and hopefully that should fix it.

jdog94

Reaction score
I applied 142 on a clean wipe then flashed theme (bwc)