scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
CR.png

About CleanROM

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM with minor features and enhancements! This is not a themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 1/28/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon OTA 2.01.605.11.

If you liked CleanTOOL you are going to LOVE CleanROM!

You must read notes in post #2 before flashing!

CleanROM_rez.jpg

CR1.5.1-Rez.png

Features
Removed VZW Bloat
Performance and Battery Tweaks
Swype
ES File Explorer
WiFi Tether and VZW Hotspot
Battery Icon with Percent
4-in-1 Power Menu
Extended Quick Settings
No Location Icon

Removed
Adobe Reader, Block Buster, NFL, Golf, Kindle, Slacker, Polaris Office, App Sharing, FaceBook, Flicker, NFS, MY Verizon, VCast Music, VCast Video, Video Surf, VZ Nav, Back Up Assistance, Scan, Twitter, Footprints, Mobile Instant Messenger, Tasks, Watch, Printer

Changes in Version 1.6 - 1/28/2012
Rebuilt: OTA Update 2.01.605.11
Added: All Social Networking and VZW Frameworks for easy integration and one less step to deal with
Updated: All apps
Updated: Mainver to 2.01.605.11
Changed: ROM now will reboot to fastboot to auto install kernel. Remember this method will change mainver.
Removed: Ad blocking host file for now

Thanks to
dsixda, lllboredlll, erishasnobattery, NilsP, mikeyxda, lrod0175, fernando sor

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Special Notes
Flashing the boot.img using the automatic method will change your mainver to the latest release from VZW. If you don't know what this means then you need to ask before flashing!

To Use WiFi Tether you must first turn on MSS Clamping and Routing Fix in settings of the app. You cannot connected devices that will not use an ad-hoc connection. If its that important maybe its time to pay for hotspot.

Prerequisites:
Must Be HTCDev Unlocked
Must have a custom recovery installed

Instructions to flash:
Place ROM on SD Card
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data / Factory Reset
Install ROM. When ROM is finished it will reboot to hboot to auto install kernel. WHen you get to hboot press power to install.
Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!

Change Log:

Removed Apps:
All apps that were removed can be downloaded in one zip file on my site in the downloads section.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Thank you for working on this. I liked ICS, but the small little bugs had me itching to go back to stock. Now I can be "bi-sensual", LOL!!!

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
lol, Yeah, ICS is fun to play with but when it comes down to serious business you cant beat the GB base. Its tested solid over and over again!

-Scott

JTAC

Reaction score
About to give this a whirl in a few minutes. Just flashed the Amon Ra recovery.

hoboX10

Reaction score
Why would you remove Backup Assistance? Isn't that what keeps your contacts and such in VZ storage so if something happens to your phone it will all be added automatically?

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Why would you remove Backup Assistance? Isn't that what keeps your contacts and such in VZ storage so if something happens to your phone it will all be added automatically?

I use google to store my contacts. To me the vzw app is overly redundant.

JTAC

Reaction score
So far...liking it a lot. No force closes at all whatsoever and now I get all my notifications. Originally wasn't able to do so....even uprooted and locked downloader. Best part, all my apps loaded automatically without titanium backup or any of those programs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mjones73

Reaction score
Quick question, how do I get the transparent pull down? I see in the change log in a previous version it should have dropped a file on the SD card.

djsiva

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, Scott's ROMs have always been on point. I used to use them when I had my HTC Touch Pro and TP2. I don't have a Rezound, but would be all over this if I did.