Rogue Droid - HUGE ISSUE!!!!

gpigate

Reaction score
Ok, so my motorola droid made me think I was losing my mind, without a doubt. Why?

Wednesday morning I wake up around 5am, go to the bathroom, on the way back by I notice my phone is lit up and surfing the web. WHAT?????? it is on face book, on the registration page. I pick up the phone, unplug and start looking. It has responded to an email to 15 of my coworkers with a blank body message. It has attempted to send 3 or 4 text messages, they are marked as drafts.....

Ok, I am known to sleep walk and start to blame myself.

Thursday night into Friday morning. 3am our dog wakes me up, I go to get back in bed and realized the phone is lit up and panning through home pages. WTF!!!!!!!!! I look, 4 missed calls, 4 new texts. I start looking and the phone called my parents, my neighbors, a client, has again attempted to send text messages, and has sent a blank email to one of my other email accounts.

I made my wife look at it, she agreed something was going on and that I was not sleep walking and that I was not crazy. My neighbor and parents are freaked out thinking we are being robbed or something. My neighbor walks over to check on the house, nothing going on. My dad said that it sounded like my son had the phone pushing buttons.

I download a droid virus scanner thinking someone is hacking my phone at night or something. No viruses. Ok, maybe magnets for the dock and something related to my dresser, I move to an end table.... same thing. I noticed with it plugged in the buttons at the bottom (back, menu, home etc) do not work properly, its more like touch gestures in the screen. My wife asks me, which charger is that... uh oh its the new one. I put the one that came with the phone back in and it works fine. So I take the "bad" charger up to the office and plug the phone in. Go back downstairs to get coffee, come back up again and the phone (the devil :) :icon_ devil: ) has decide to repeatedly launch this new virus scan application.

SO............... this charger is causing this phone to do some really really really odd stuff. Call people, send emails, send txt messages etc. I bought a pack of charger/case on ebay for like 6 bucks. Just to give something to put the phone in on my side until seidio comes out with cases. I used this charger because it has a longer cord than the factory one.

I guess BE CAREFUL OF AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES. Anyone else find this really odd?

Video of the virus scan phenomenon from this morning.
[video=youtube;OXIbtqrKRuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIbtqrKRuQ[/video]

bamfsig45

Reaction score
haha I cant help but laugh at this, Im glad you did narrow it down to the charger. Do you have a name of the charger or a link to where you bought it? I'd buy it just to test it and have fun.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Wow.. I have never heard of anything like that..

Glad you figured it out :icon_eek:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wish it was still a mystery... makes for good forum conversation, haha

bamfsig45

Reaction score

metalmenance

Reaction score
NO No No!!! :motdroidhoriz:
Nobody listens............

Its already been posted here before,,, The Droids are waking up one by one and doing what they please.... They are going to take over, its no use fighting them....

Warning!!!!!!!! Trying to interfere may result in the phone using its built in electrifier!!!
Careful, if you make it mad enough it will shock you or worse!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all have been WARNED!!!!!!!!! :motdroidvert:

OP
G

gpigate

Reaction score
oh im sure it makes for good conversation..... :) just imagine my conversations over the past 2 days.

ratings on the charger are

model: motv8/v9
input 110-220v 50-60hz
output 5v 500ma

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I just dont see that input/output being a problem, there has to be something else going on inside that charger...lol or the Droid!

OP
G

gpigate

Reaction score
the droid definitely said... um not OEM.... FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe its a verizon / motorola thing ? YOU MUST BUY OURS.... YOU MUST BUY OURS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So all these middle of the night calls have been cause of aftermarkt hardware? With a device like this I personally don't trust aftermarket parts, especially from ebay.

BeepBoopBoo

Reaction score
That is very weird...I use my Kindle charger all the time with the droid and have no problems.

OP
G

gpigate

Reaction score
as of now, the only reason I can find is becasue of that charger. It has only had this type of behavior when plugged up. Yeah I only bought that thing for the case but figured, what the heck....... might as well use the charger...

not any more :)

Doctor

Reaction score
Mine is branded as Motorola, PN:mp5334a, 550Ma, 5v

Nothing but headaches, with ALL of the same issues the OP had!

I finaly fugured it out after VZW gave me a replacement phone, and it did the same thing! 13 SMS messages unsent with nothing but garbage in all of them....
:bling:

Trully Weird...