Issues with screen

rckstc

Reaction score
I promise this is not about the blank screen on phone calls, I tried to search for this and all I got was results on the the blank screen on phone calls.

Anyway starting today when I would turn the screen off on my Droid after phone call, text message or what ever, when I want to turn the screen back on, it does not, but the bottom 4 buttons stay lit

First time I tried to restart the droid, that did not work. So I took out the battery, put it back in and turn the phone back on, that seemed to fix it, until it happened again.

I have also noticed that sometimes when I touch the screen it will black out for a second or 2, then come back.

Is this an issue that could be fixed in the update? Or should I go to verizon.

Thanks

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I'd go to verizon and demonstrate the issue. Im assuming you dont have any 3rd party Home replacement apps do you?

mcole812

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem today, but instead of taking out the battery, I waited and the screen eventually reappeared (after about 10 min). I was wondering the same thing, if its a software issue or an issue with the phone's hardware.... However, this is the only time it has happened to me since buying the phone about 3 weeks ago

bigthinker

Reaction score
I would call verizon and if the problem is something that motorola over the phone can handle but verizon can't....they will forward you to Moto....worst case scenario, take it back to the store