Droid - Screen lights up will not turn on running BB v4

BrownYacht

Reaction score
I took my phone out of my pocket and I couldn't get to the home screen, or see anything for that matter. I tried to turn it off, but nothing happened. So I removed the battery and when I put it back in the phone's screen immediately lit up like it does before the motorola logo, except it never went anywhere.

I tried to boot into recovery and the up with the d pad option. None of those worked. When I plug it into my computer, the light where the charger connects to the phone flashes on for a second, instead of staying on like intended. It will just stay blankly lit forever until I unplug it.

Is this what a brick looks like?

Thanks in advance...

droid49733

Reaction score
I am no expert but try a battery Pull & slide the keyboard open. Put the battery back in and hold the x key & power button in @ the same time. When the M logo just shows on the screen let go of the power button only & keep holding the X key intell it boots in to recovery. Use the D pad to navagate & center Gold key to select and power button to back up. Then do a restore to the last backup you have.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

BrownYacht

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply.

I have done that many times, I never get a motorola logo or a recover screen with options. Just a blank, back lit screen.

droid49733

Reaction score
Did you have it in your back pocket or front. Maybe you have screen problem, I have seen this happen on an I pod touch that my son always had in his back pocket. ?

OP
B

BrownYacht

Reaction score
Hmm no it was in my front pocket as always. Earlier in the day I was sitting on the ground and my phone was on my backpack, it had slid off 8 inches to the pavement. It worked after that... but who knows. I will probably have to go to the verizon store on monday, I have insurance, but I just hope it is broken to the point where finding out I had rooted it is not an option.