RIP, Razer Maxx

JDH

Reaction score
My wife has clung to her Razer Maxx for well over 3 years, just luvs the phone. Now the battery is beginning to run out pretty quick. I also had a Razor Maxx for over 2 years till traded in on the Turbo. I actually bought a replacement battery and had a professional install done, could not get the phone working with new battery. Putt the old one back and good to go. The battery would last all day but would need charge if I used it at night.
What to get for her now is the question, she is on Verizon prepay and likes paying only $45 per month. So, buy on swappa or get new and pay up front or sign a 2 year deal. I thought the subsidized deals were gone but several retailers are advertising as low as 1 penny with 2 year contract with Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. She doesn't really want something larger than her Razr Maxx. She is definitely not a power user, phone calls, email and texting. 99% of her data use is over home wifi or out around town we have xfinity pretty much everywhere so 1gig is plenty, never uses even half a gig. What recent ( not latest-greatest ), could I get with removable battery and SD slot.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Where you're going to have the hardest time will be the physical size of the device, IMO. The average phone has gotten considerably bigger over the years she's had that phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can still find em on Swappa in like new condition.. Really cheap. Just saying..

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Problem would be the battery, who knows what life would be left
I want her to get new phone. She is going to have to adjust to bigger screen sooner or later. I think she would like once she got used to it. I know she likes browsing with my turbo.
Memory isn't that important but being able to put a fresh battery in would be great.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife was the same thing. She swore up and down that she wanted an even smaller phone than the S3, then the S4 that I gave her when I got my Note 4. Now, I just got the Nexus 6P and she's been testing the Note out. Asked her just last night how she's liking it so far and she's loving it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not to mention ..its always a good thing to move forward with the tech..connectivity issues and such..and who wants to always have a dated phone anyway..

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
She balance's the checking account with pen and paper$$

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
She balance's the checking account with pen and paper$$
Lol..I mean so the device is still relevant... Somewhat up to date.. So to speak..that's a bug point with people who aren't even tech savvy..they want the latest greatest usually..
At least with the people I know...one will see the others phone and it goes from there...

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife went from a texting phone (flipped open sideways exposing a qwerty) to a Note2 almost two years ago, then before one year was up, she stepped up to the Note4. She loved the Note3, and loves the Note4.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk