Help...please

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
Heres my situation. My girlfriend and her mom got the Buy one get one Eris deal. Her mom is the main account holder. Her mom doesnt like the phone becuause the battery life is terrible and shes not used to using a touch screen. She called verizon and asked about switching back to her old phone, the verizon rep then told her that she has to pay full price for the free Eris ($499.99) because my girlfriend wasnt due for an upgrade. It has been two weeks since they got it. My question is can they really make her pay full price for the other phone?

Im not worried about the battery life part because I can just install battery left and she already uses advanced task killer. Thanks for all the help in advance

tu3218

Reaction score
I thought with any activated phone you had 30 days from the day you bought it to return it to verizon for a refund. So I don't think she would have to pay full retail.

LordKastle

Reaction score
No...just return one phone, you already paid for the other so it should not be an issue..then on the other line activate the old phone. They only want you paying for the Eris if you were to keep the actual phone.

It really shouldn't matter what phone is returned because its the identical phone but pretend for billing purposes that they make your girlfriend return hers. Then have your girlfriend activate the mother's Eris on her line and get the old phone back activated on the mother's.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Heres my situation. My girlfriend and her mom got the Buy one get one Eris deal. Her mom is the main account holder. Her mom doesnt like the phone becuause the battery life is terrible and shes not used to using a touch screen. She called verizon and asked about switching back to her old phone, the verizon rep then told her that she has to pay full price for the free Eris ($499.99) because my girlfriend wasnt due for an upgrade. It has been two weeks since they got it. My question is can they really make her pay full price for the other phone?

Im not worried about the battery life part because I can just install battery left and she already uses advanced task killer. Thanks for all the help in advance

I thought that Verizon had a 30 day return policy.

Was her old phone a dumbphone? So she'd be canceling the data contract? That could be a problem.

Has she tried talking to more than one Verizon rep? On the phone or in a store?

What has she tried to extend the battery life?

What has she tried to familiarize herself with the touchscreen?

Is she just having trouble learning how to use the new phone, or is the phone defective?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought with any activated phone you had 30 days from the day you bought it to return it to verizon for a refund. So I don't think she would have to pay full retail.

Correct. the the OP try this.........

Have MOM return the "free" one and activate the one MOM doesn't like to your number. Now you will have only 1 Eris but that doesn't seem to matter and both parties will be happy :icon_ banana: