Ringtones barely audible

teppy

Reaction score
Despite having the ringer volume set at max, all ringtones are quiet to the point of barely being audible.

It seems to be a software problem: the speakerphone is plenty loud, and one time by chance when I was in the middle of switching ringtones, an incoming call arrived, and - this one time - the ringtone for the incoming call was at full volume.

Anyone else experience this?

godanigo

Reaction score
Yep, I just noticed that I am having the same problem. It's perfectly loud playing youtube videos and on speakerphone but I can barely hear it ring when I hold it away.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Despite having the ringer volume set at max, all ringtones are quiet to the point of barely being audible.

It seems to be a software problem: the speakerphone is plenty loud, and one time by chance when I was in the middle of switching ringtones, an incoming call arrived, and - this one time - the ringtone for the incoming call was at full volume.

Anyone else experience this?

I have had zero problems with the ringtone volume, have tried calling myself multiple times to see if i could create the situation in which you are talking about, and yet have not been able to.

godanigo

Reaction score
Yep, I just noticed that I am having the same problem. It's perfectly loud playing youtube videos and on speakerphone but I can barely hear it ring when I hold it away.

Yeah, I took out the battery and it fixed it. But not something I want to have to repeat.

jnyce

Reaction score
i had the same problem but just powered down and powered back up and the ringer is back to full volume.

tubatime1010

Reaction score
Though it's not a perfect remedy, just be happy that it takes just a few seconds to boot the Droid when and issue arises.

Those of us who have use BB Storms can vouch for the horrors of rebooting that device!

vandenk

Reaction score
I also have been having this problem, which occurs randomly. It also is happening with Alarms.. Reboot does seem to fix it, but I hope that this bug is resolved soon.

Emryse

Reaction score
I too have had the volume issue being too quiet

I just got my Droid yesterday, and I have had this issue... in fact, that's how I found this forum, because I was looking for some answers on what was going on...

If anyone knows where the best place would be to post an official bug complaint to Verizon on this, I'll be happy to add my two cents if a link is posted here.

Glad to be part of the Droid community! :)

praeceps

Reaction score
Well, I have something that doesn't involve rebooting your phone. First, the problem is that the audio is coming through the wrong speaker. This, I think, is because when you end a call in speaker phone mode WHILE playing something, or get a call while something's coming through the large speaker, it comes through the small speaker for the call, but the phone doesn't always get it right and set it back. Either way, here it is: first start playing some music, it SHOULD, might not, be going through your phone's ear speaker. Call your cell phone(so someone doesn't call you back), then once your voicemail asks you for your password, hangup not on speaker phone and it SHOULD reset. This worked for me, but it being a tricky bug, it'll likely need some twiddling for certain people.

praeceps

Reaction score
Dangit... I'm having to do it for every darned song. Blast. Just, calling someone then hanging up resets... but JUST for thagt song... blast...