Speakerphone and call volume.

dredger

Reaction score
I noticed a couple things and was wondering if it was just my Bionic or an issue on all of them.
First, the speakerphone is very quiet. Music plays nice and loud but during a call I can barely hear the other person if I have speakerphone on. I have the call volume all the way up too. Which leads to a sub issue, even on normal calls without speakerphone enabled the other person send very quiet. Not like I can't heart them but quiet for having the call volume on max.

Secondly, has anyone noticed if the phone is flat on a surface like a tableyour ringtone is barely audible? I had a call morning that I barely heard tho the phone was right next to me. When I picked it up to answer it the ringtone was blaring but during flat it is like the speakers are ridiculously muffled.

Last issue when trying to Skype I get a constant ticking sound from the speakers anytime the distant end speaks.not unbearable just a bit annoying.

So users please let me know of you have experienced any of this so I can determine if it is exclusive to my phone, design flaws, or software issues.

Thanks
Dredger

jmlaser

Reaction score
I came from the D1 and this phone is noticably quieter.
I will live with it though because the phone absolutley RIPS

OP
D

dredger

Reaction score
I also came from the droid1. Something else I noticed is while streaming Netflix I heard the same ticking sound I hear on Skype. Does anyone else hear a ticking when streaming audio? Trying to find out if this is just a bad speaker or a problem for all handsets.