no incoming call ringtone volume

dfess1

Reaction score
This just started recently. I have no audible ringtone all of a sudden, for incoming calls. I get an audible alert for email and everything else though. It's like the phone is stuck on silent. According to the volume indicator under Settings > Sound & Display Settings > Ringer volume it's at full blast. What is the issue here? And does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

OP
D

dfess1

Reaction score
yes. i may be slow, but not that slow!:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long have you had the phone? If it's within your first 30 days take it back to Verizon and get a new one. If not, do a factory data reset (settings/privacy/factory data reset) and see if that doesn't fix it.

OP
D

dfess1

Reaction score
it's past my 30 days. Will a factory data reset send it back to the way it was when I bought it? i.e, wipe it totaly clean?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's past my 30 days. Will a factory data reset send it back to the way it was when I bought it? i.e, wipe it totaly clean?

You won't lose any of your apps. It will just reset everything and you'll have to reset your home screens and all that stuff. Log back into gmail, gtalk, anything you log into you'll have to set up again.

If you have Home Run Battle 3D you'll lose all your equipment. Probably any progress on any game.

Your other alternative is to take it and get a replacement, if you don't mind a refurb but you would still be in the same position.

OP
D

dfess1

Reaction score
that worked. thanks for the help. Luckily i didn't have alot of apps.

genevievemada

Reaction score
OMG. This helped so much, but do you know to get the ringtones that I purchased from verizon. They've seemed to disappear from my phone????

DJSail

Reaction score
I have theis same problem - no ringtones and no speaker

This just started recently. I have no audible ringtone all of a sudden, for incoming calls. I get an audible alert for email and everything else though. It's like the phone is stuck on silent. According to the volume indicator under Settings > Sound & Display Settings > Ringer volume it's at full blast. What is the issue here? And does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

OMG. This helped so much, but do you know to get the ringtones that I purchased from verizon. They've seemed to disappear from my phone????

This problem just started. I checked Sound & Display settings - no issue. I executed the Privacy : Factory data reset : Erase all data on phone (I erased internal storage, but not the SD card). This problem persists. Since the speaker no longer works, I am thinking this is a hardware failure. My Droid Maxx is 2 months old.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
With how new the phone is I would definitely say to take it into VZW and see what they can do for you. Especially since you seem to have tried out the normal fixes that get suggested first.